Question Winamp 5.8 no sound with Shoutcast

Sep 5, 2019
I have a Flex 6-14IKB Laptop (Lenovo) laptop Win 10 build 18362. I did a reset to clean Win 10 and updated to 1903. I installed Winamp 5.8 from winamp.com and it work perfectly. I messed with AVS and fullscreen and it crashed. After that MP3 and "whip the Llama" had sound but there was no sound in Shoutcast. I could click a radio station and click open but no sound. Visualization works but no beat.

I reset again to clean Win 10 1903 update. Installed same Winamp 5.8. Same problem. Mp3 OK no sound in Shoutcast. I reset the laptop and wiped the hard drive installing clean Win 10 1903. Same problem. I uninstalled Winamp 5.8 with Revo in advanced mode removing all traces in the registry. I installed Winamp 5.666. Same problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sep 5, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I have a Flex 6-14IKB Laptop (Lenovo) laptop Win 10 build 18362. I did a reset to clean Win 10 and updated to 1903. I installed Winamp 5.8 from winamp.com and it work perfectly. I messed with AVS and fullscreen and it crashed. After that MP3 and "whip the Llama" had sound but there was no sound in Shoutcast. I could click a radio station and click open but no sound. Visualization works but no beat.

I reset again to clean Win 10 1903 update. Installed same Winamp 5.8. Same problem. Mp3 OK no sound in Shoutcast. I reset the laptop and wiped the hard drive installing clean Win 10 1903. Same problem. I uninstalled Winamp 5.8 with Revo in advanced mode removing all traces in the registry. I installed Winamp 5.666. Same problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sep 5, 2019
A tech with JustAnswer got on my laptop with remote assistance and said to click the station then click "Save" instead of "Open" and save a file to the Desktop. He said then drag that file to the list in the upper right of Winamp. This woks I get sound. He said that's the way Winamp works.

A couple of days ago on this laptop before I crashed Winamp I could just click a station then click "Open" and hear music. Now I get nothing. I could always just click a station on previous versions of Winamp on other computers as back as 20 years ago and hear music.

What's your experience?

Sep 5, 2019
I searched for Bob Dylan in Online Services and clicked Dylan Tracks. It flashed the open and save dialog box momentarily and started playing music immediately. I clicked a Genre and station and it flashed the open and save dialog momentarily and started playing music immediately.

Problem solved It's nice to have station preset icons on the Desktop that start Winamp too.

Last edited: