Status
Not open for further replies.

Souradip Tupai

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014
Product Name: HP pavilion G6-2302AX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought the HP G6-2302AX back in 2014. It came pre-installed with Windows 8 64-bit OS. Drivers for the laptop was available at HP support page of this model. in 2015, The laptop was upgraded to Windows 8.1 64-bit. Fortunately, HP provided the compatible drivers the new OS in their device support page.
Due to recent Ransom-ware attacks on old Microsoft OS installed computers, I had to upgrade this laptop to latest version of Windows 10 64-bit to get all the security updates from Microsoft. Now, the problem is HP is not backing this laptop with Windows 10 64-bit compatible drivers in their device support page. Though Microsoft has provided drivers for all of the components of this laptop, the drivers for the AMD Radeon HD 7420G + Radeon HD 7670M dual graphics driver are not provided.

I would really appreciate if I'm provided the above-mentioned drivers (download links), so that I can run Windows 10 64-bit flawlessly on my HP G6-2302AX.
Thank you.

Solution
Your GPU(s) aren't supported by the newest drivers from AMD anymore, as their architecture is too old.

The newest drivers available for it are the following:

Stable: Catalyst 15.7.1 Last Catalyst driver from AMD using the old interface. Stable, but slow.
Beta: Crimson 16.2.1 This driver uses the new Crimson UI, which is nicer to look at and boots up much faster, but you may experience bugs/freezes/etc. Not saying it has to happen, just that you should be aware that it can happen.

Last but not least, here's the Link you asked for.

ZRace

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Your GPU(s) aren't supported by the newest drivers from AMD anymore, as their architecture is too old.

The newest drivers available for it are the following:

Stable: Catalyst 15.7.1 Last Catalyst driver from AMD using the old interface. Stable, but slow.
Beta: Crimson 16.2.1 This driver uses the new Crimson UI, which is nicer to look at and boots up much faster, but you may experience bugs/freezes/etc. Not saying it has to happen, just that you should be aware that it can happen.

Last but not least, here's the Link you asked for.

Solution

Souradip Tupai

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014

Tried. They don't have drivers for dual graphics. The auto-detect app installs the AMD Catalyst Control Center with an option to switch between Power-Saving Graphics and Maximum-Performance Graphics. Even after switching to Maximum-Performance Graphics, games use the on-board graphics (HD 7420G) rather than the discrete graphics (HD 7670M).

ZRace

Prominent
May 12, 2017
1. I looked up you laptop after noticing that I couldn't find any examples of laptops with an HD 7420G + 7670M combo. And, well, first thing I found out is that the HP model you specified should have a HD 7640G + HD 7670M combo, not what you posted. Which kinda confuses me, but whatever.

2. You say the new drivers don't have support for dual graphics, but you didn't say which version you tried? I'll agree it's very strange for the switch to appear, but not work. How do you determine which GPU is being used?

Souradip Tupai

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014

HP released an online and an offline (retail) versions of this laptop. I have the offline version.

Souradip Tupai

Estimable
Sep 28, 2014

I downloaded the Catalyst Control Centre from the link you provided, now all the games are using the Dedicated graphics card (HD 7670).
THANKS A LOT, BUDDY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.