Windows 10 Anniversary update touch-pad and keyboard do not work after resume from sleep

paulburkey2

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
After Windows 10 anniversary edition update, keyboard and touch-pad allows wakes from sleep, then touch-pad and keyboard do not work, only external mouse and on-screen keyboard are working, keyboard only works after re-start, tried power option fix, also (allow this device to wake computer) will not stay checked in driver- power management- properties.

paulburkey2

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

Try going back into "Power Options" and see if this helps...

1. On the "Power Options" screen click on "Change plan settings" next to whatever plan you are using.

2. In this next window click on "Change advanced power settings".

3. In the window that pops up click to open "PCI Express" and then click to open "Link State Power Management".

4. Depending on how many options are there, you may need to click on a few of them, and select "Off" from the available list. Make sure you change this for both "Battery" and "Plugged In".

5. Save all the changes you made and then try putting the system to sleep and waking it back on.

paulburkey2

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

thank you for your help I really appreciate it but
I tried that same problem the keyboard wakes the computer from sleep no problem as soon as it gets to the password screen keyboard and touchpad stop responding external mouse works fine everything works fine, only wake from sleep causes the keyboard to stop responding and the problem occurred with the Windows 10 anniversary edition update.

paulburkey2

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

I would but I like the new version only problem is this sleep resume keyboard thing there must be a fix

paulburkey2

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
okay here's what worked for me go to Cortana settings check (keep my device from sleeping when it's plugged in so I can always say Hey Cortana and less I turn it off )computer still enter sleep mode but now the keyboard works fine don't bother trying to disable Cortana it is fully integrated into Windows 10

fbagnato

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
I am experiencing exactly the same problem.................................was working perfect before Anniversary Update.
"After Windows 10 anniversary edition update, keyboard and touch-pad allows wakes from sleep, then touch-pad and keyboard do not work, only external mouse and on-screen keyboard are working, keyboard only works after re-start, tried power option fix, also (allow this device to wake computer) will not stay checked in driver- power management- properties."