Solved! Windows 10 crashing, shows 'No boot device found' and sometimes boots up perfectly and then crashes

Bitan

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I looked up this problem and found a few threads with similar problem to mine. In those threads people suggested that it could be due to hard disk failure. I tried out a tool name Hard Disk Sentinel to check the health of my hard drive and it showed that my hard drive health is excellent and it should be since my laptop is 1 year old.

I have a HP Omen laptop and It is a year old. I haven't installed the May 2019 update on my system yet although this problem first started since installing that update. Since then I had to format my laptop twice in two weeks and this problem now occurs even without upgrading to May 2019 update. I just do some normal web surfing and the laptop suddenly crashes and gives me a blue screen. On booting up next time it either shows "No Boot Device Found" black screen error or sometimes stars automatic system repair or sometimes it just boots right up although this is very rare and it just crashes again later on.

Solution
If this was a Desktop PC, i would recommend to change the SATA Cable for you HDD. For Laptops, try reseating the HDD, and make sure it doesn't move. A piece of paper can be used to secure it in place.
Jun 26, 2019
If this was a Desktop PC, i would recommend to change the SATA Cable for you HDD. For Laptops, try reseating the HDD, and make sure it doesn't move. A piece of paper can be used to secure it in place.

Solution