Windows 7 Boot Issue

scschmidt

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Greetings - I recently downgraded by system to Windows 7 Ultimate and cannot resolve my booting issues. I can restart without issue but when i shutdown the computer doesn't even enter the BIOS screen. I have tried re-installing the OS and going through some of the bootrec options. All have been unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Hi,

This issue looks like it may be related to the BIOS and not the operating system. Try clearing your BIOS by removing the battery and holding the power button for 1 minute. If that fails you will need to update your BIOS this can be done by downloading an update file which can normally be found on the manufactures website.

Updating the BIOS is risky and should it be interrupted; main board corruption will occur, for this reason you perform this update at your own risk and I am in no way responsible for any damage which may occur.

Hi,

This issue looks like it may be related to the BIOS and not the operating system. Try clearing your BIOS by removing the battery and holding the power button for 1 minute. If that fails you will need to update your BIOS this can be done by downloading an update file which can normally be found on the manufactures website.

Updating the BIOS is risky and should it be interrupted; main board corruption will occur, for this reason you perform this update at your own risk and I am in no way responsible for any damage which may occur.

Solution