Random_Tobstar

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Hey,
Im trying to create installation media for a skylake z170 mobo (As-rock pro 4) but my issue is i cant create a bootable iso i have tried the official site http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7 at the moment it is saying error but a couple of months back i tried and it said i couldnt get the files as my key was from an oem machine (or something along those lines. Iv tried multiple keys for this all of which i own, with no success.
So i have got the iso from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842 i have tried burning this to a disk alone but it wouldn't boot so i made it bootable with (winiso) but this says boot mgr is missing and instead of the files in the image below showing in the iso i downloaded the files in the iso burn as 3 windows installer files, setup.exe and autorun.inf (no bootmgr).
win7-install.gif

So i was wondering if the disk is wrong or anyone knows a way round bootmgr missing.
(I cant start setup.exe on the target pc as it currently has no os but i could try ubuntu with wine when the pc is already on, but with the z170 chipset i believe it cant be installed without bios changes which would stop Ubuntu running.)
Or alternatively if someone can send me a key that can be used to make the download and i will use my own to activate the copy.

Thanks
Toby

Note: i have already checked with my oem about the code they were useless and microsoft live support weren't any better.

Solution
No one here is going to help you hack windows onto your new system. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a real copy of win7.

If you can't afford it at this time, you can get win10 for free by joining the windows insider program. The trade off is Microsoft gets to beta test updates on your system. (so make sure important files are backed up onto external devices)

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
Well, for starters, what you downloaded was not Windows 7 installation media, it was Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. Unless you have a retail key you cannot use the official site to download media, you will have to go to the OEM for the media. No other (legal) options.

popatim

Splendid
No one here is going to help you hack windows onto your new system. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a real copy of win7.

If you can't afford it at this time, you can get win10 for free by joining the windows insider program. The trade off is Microsoft gets to beta test updates on your system. (so make sure important files are backed up onto external devices)

Solution