windows cannot find TeamViewer.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiago Arlan

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
i uninstall teamviewer due to technical errors,it says windows cannot find teamviewer.exe in c:programfiles/teamviewer/version9/teamviewer.exe(using the desktop shortcut icon)..and after reinstalling,i still get the same message even if i run the teamviewer.exe(the exe file itself,not shortcut icon)in its installation directory folder(yes,its there)..

i get the same message before in itunes.exe,but after running malwarebytes,i found some malware and delete it and itunes run smoothly now..the same with teamviewer,i thought its the same but actually different.

i scan my computer using malwarebytes,tdsskiller from kaspersky,and kaspersky anti virus and found no virus,rootkits and malware..

now,i uninstall teamviewer,reboot computer and install teamviewer after scanning and still get the same error message.

could anybody help me sort this out.

thanks in advance,
Jovi

Mr Hollywood

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Make a new notepad and type this in or copy it. Run c:\programfiles\teamviewer\version9\teamviewer.exe
Then save it as a .bat file. it will create a manually shortcut that works.
If thats not your directory for the exe just put which ever one it is

Tiago Arlan

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
i followed your suggestion but this didn't work for me Mr. Hollywood..any other ways or ideas??

i was thinking,the culprit is in the reg keys the same with itunes,i just couldn't identify the reg keys for teamviewer and just dont like to touch reg keys.

Tiago Arlan

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
i found the solution to my problem,hope this helps to everybody with the same issues as mine:

Goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

delete the key labeled "teamviewer.exe"

this also applies to windows cannot find skype.exe,just replace teamviewer.exe with skype.exe...

Cheers..

Reactions: tharaka40

Valcio

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014

My friend you saved me.

chriiya

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
None of the solutions are working! I get the error "Could not start TeamViewer Service. Installation will continue later" after I run the installation and then nothing works ahead. Clicking on the shortcut in Start menu doesn't work. Clicking on TeamViewer.exe doesn't work. Adding Image path in registry doesn't work.
I couldn't even find this registry key Image File Execution Option.

Tiago Arlan

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Teamviewer may be disabled in the services..try to check and enable at:

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services

Look for and right click "Teamviewer10",select properties and change startup type to "Automatic"..

Status
Not open for further replies.