Windows Defender + Malwarebytes or just a regular antivirus?

Jun 19, 2018
As title, do I stick with my Defender and Malware bytes combo for my main PC, or do I use an antivirus like bitdefender as well? I have troubles with antivirus (for example, AVG caused me to have a memory leak, even with every driver updated) so I am kinda sceptical for some antiviruses.

Solution
Windows Defender is quite good, it has come a long way in terms of effectiveness since it was first released, but it doesn't have a web filter except if you use Edge or IE. Malwarebytes Premium is paid version that has web filtering, but you have to pay for it.

Bitdefender has a free version and it includes web filtering and really the only AV you need. I would go with Bitdefender free if you don't want go through the trouble of using two programs (defender + Malwarebytes premium) that essentially does the same thing.
Jun 19, 2018

I use uBlock Origin to help as well, although if you were to recommend an AV what would you recommend?
I have been looking at Avast or Bitdefender myself, just as protection for when I am browsing the web.
Thanks!

Sep 4, 2018
Windows Defender is quite good, it has come a long way in terms of effectiveness since it was first released, but it doesn't have a web filter except if you use Edge or IE. Malwarebytes Premium is paid version that has web filtering, but you have to pay for it.

Bitdefender has a free version and it includes web filtering and really the only AV you need. I would go with Bitdefender free if you don't want go through the trouble of using two programs (defender + Malwarebytes premium) that essentially does the same thing.

Solution