Windows Defender Updating Question

Ragahv

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hello does any one know how windows defender updates itself? I think it uses windows update to install it's definitions but i am not sure so if i am wrong please can you correct me?

I need you to explain to me how this software works with windows update switched off.

The problem is when i first install windows 7 (fresh install) windows update is not set nor turned off. I keep wondering if windows defender has a service associated with it in order to silently download and manage updates. If that is true please reply "true". If fales, then please reply false.

Again, i need to know if windows defender downloads any definations at start of first desktop login. So you know when you first install windows and the user logs in , win defender is active. Therefore, it may connect to internet once you have input your network password without confirming that it does.

I need to know if that is a possible thing to happen. Without any prompts can windows defender download software updates at the first stage of desktop login or do i have to turn on windows update in order to get updates for defender

TRENDING THREADS