Windows doesn't start, black screen with. Ursor only shows up

Wushuperman

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015
Hi my acer laptop starts, but after the acer logo came black screen would appear and there's also a cursor which i can move. The windows screen won't show up. It is actually in windows 8. What should I do?

I restarted it several times just by clicking the power button for seconds. I don't even know how to do reboots. Should i reboot it?

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
Try a hard reset try the following as the laptop could be in a power state preventing it from booting properly. Try disconnecting the power cable and then removing the battery from the laptop. Once done, leave both disconnected from the computer for at least a minute. After you wait, put the battery back into the computer, connect the power cable, and try turning the computer on again.

have you dropped the laptop??? I say this sounds like the main hard drive dies and locking the system up. if the unit under warranty send it in..you may have lost the data if it is the hard drive. if it out of warranty...take the battery and ac brick off the laptop..pull the hard drive..see if you get a message no os found. if you do plug the drive back in see if the error still there if it is..look into replacing the drive. you may have to contact acer fot a restore cd there a small charge for them.