Windows Error Recovery

JasonLawd

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015
My laptop was working fine, turned it off for a few days, booted it up today and I keep getting this error message:
dGIszq8.png

When I load it up, it gets to the windows loading page then it blue screens for a second then goes to the windows error recovery page. I've clicked both Launch Startup Repair (recommended) and Start Windows Normally like 5 times each, it keeps looping when It restarts.

I've also tried System Recovery options:
FT3CckN.png

I'm using a old Medion notebook(No disk drive) with windows 7.

Solution
Its possible bad sectors have developed on your hard drive, removing it and hooking it up as a slave drive on another computer can help you to recover any important files using free recovery software like recuva. However running recovery software on a failing drive os too many times risks the drive failing more quickly thus best to get important files first then go from there.

A ridiculous method if the drive is not failing, a method i did when i was more of a moron than smart, was when i installed windows 7 as an upgrade method which doesnt format the hard drive but renames the windows folder of the previous installation to "windows.old". This way i was able to get the pc running and retrieved my files from window.old folder which...

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
What option did you use in system recovery options?

If startup repair and system restore failed, in command prompt type "sfc /scannow" without quotes to repair windows files. If command prompt cant proceed try booting into safe mode by using the "F8" key. If safe boot works use command prompt and try the sfc scan there.

Often this is a failing hard drive. Need to run a hardware scan on it to verify, then get a new one and install Windows on it. Some systems have a drive check utility in the BIOS, or you can use a boot disk like Hirens or Ultimate Boot CD which have disk check utilities.

JasonLawd

Estimable
Apr 18, 2015

"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again"

I tried running it in safe mode, but it blue screens for a second then goes back to that recovery page.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
Its possible bad sectors have developed on your hard drive, removing it and hooking it up as a slave drive on another computer can help you to recover any important files using free recovery software like recuva. However running recovery software on a failing drive os too many times risks the drive failing more quickly thus best to get important files first then go from there.

A ridiculous method if the drive is not failing, a method i did when i was more of a moron than smart, was when i installed windows 7 as an upgrade method which doesnt format the hard drive but renames the windows folder of the previous installation to "windows.old". This way i was able to get the pc running and retrieved my files from window.old folder which still had everything intact, then i deleted it.

The following link deals with clearing a pending system repair that now is hampering progress rather than fixing it:

http://superuser.com/questions/608371/how-do-i-recover-from-repair-pending-error-in-sfc

However the above link will be useless if your pc is now BSOD'ing (blue screen deaths).

So slave drive solution is possible although requires work and patience when the file recovery process is running.

Solution