Windows Explorer keeps crashing.

Shinshan

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Hey guys, last night I did quite a bit of downloading for modding Oblivion and a while into the night I started getting the boxes coming up saying "Windows Explorer has stopped working" followed by "Windows Explorer is restarting" Non-responsive type of stuff I thought, this seems normal but it kept happening each time I opened a folder so I thought maybe a virus, I ran Comodo and Malwarebytes Anti Malware and both programs returned with nothing, today I unistalled everything I installed last night, deleted all downloaded files, ran CCleaner, ran the anti virus, ran CheckDisk and System File Checker, after a while it seemed to be magically fine fine...

But now when I log on the boxes appear saying "Windows Explorer has stopped working" followed by "Windows Explorer is restarting" and it restarts and repeats constantly.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
I can't do anything unless I go into safe mode.

Also this is on a Lenovo G550 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium if that is any help, it's about 2 years old now

Shinshan

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah, that was all I could do in the end, ah well, loads of free memory now.

I would just to make sure the error does not come back is run memtest to check that you dont have a bad spot on one of the laptop ram sticks. also clean and check that the fans are working on your laptop. heat will cause cpu and ram to lock up or do crazy things.

TRENDING THREADS