Adamy

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
I have DOSBox 0.70 and the ZMBV codec installed. I recorded a movie of a DOS game, and so I edited this video into Windows Movie Maker. But now I face a problem when I merge these files. Everytime I try to save it, the application states "[Infinite] Minutes Remaining" even when all of the .avi video files (four in total) are below 8 MB. It just stays at 0% and doesn't want to move!

So does anyone know the reason why? I have FRAPS and tried saving movies using that, and I never had a problem saving. Is it because Windows Movie Maker doesn't like the ZMBV codec? If yes, then what must I do with the .avi files to make them work with Movie Maker?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I have imported avi files before into movie maker and then saved them as wmv.

can you explain a bit more what your problem is?

Adamy

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I have imported avi files before into movie maker and then saved them as wmv.
Most likely because you haven't recorded movies using the ZMBV codec in DOSBox before. :)

I guessed I should have posted this in General Discussion to get more replies. Anyway, I fixed the problem by changing the codec to something totally different (Xvid/Full Uncompressed RGB) in VirtualDub. Why wouldn't Movie Maker not support ZMBV?

Darth_Indy

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Movie maker is a tired application that does not get a lot of support from Microsoft. But to be honest I don't know how easy it is to add a new codex into MM.

Sounds like you figured out a good answer though.