Windows Phone 8 Random Reboots Fix Due Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I've had a 920 since the day it came out.

It did reboot once on me a week ago. I pulled it out of my pocket, pressed the power/wake button and then it rebooted for no reason.

Battery life is fine, except that a couple times the battery has gone from ~60% down to ~20% in a span of about an hour (while not doing anything). Most of the time it's fine.

Other than that, I love the phone.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Before today I didn't know what a Nokia 920 was but would have guessed it was a phone. Windows Phone 8 eh? ...or Android or iOS? Can't see me ever desiring an MS OS'd phone.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Win 8 is the OS I want on my smart phone - I mean, the only reason to go for Android is that it's not iOS, it doesn't bring anything special nor is it particularly intuitive, and the previews of the Nokia 920 and HTC 8X look good, but I'm waiting for full reviews.

If these are the only complaints, things are looking good; I've yet to see a new phone or OS for one that didn't need some kind of updating.

;)

G

Same issues I've seen on every windows phone, sounds like nothing has changed.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Not that I'm unsatisfied with this, but could we have some more relevant articles appearing on Tom's Hardware please?

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Look I'm not one for constantly badgering chat with one liners, but "The main victims of the problems appeared to be HTC and Nokia users" seems a bit out of place since HTC and Nokia are the only ones out with a WP8 device right now.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]gloing36[/nom]very good website: ===== http://www.nyan.cat// ===== The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike, jordan, prada, also including the jeans, shirts, bags, hat and the decorations.WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENTYOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!![/citation]
Very bad website, the website to get scammed on. WE RIP YOU OFF/ACCEPT CREDIT CARDYOU MUST MISS IT!!!

/s

drenyx

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
Wait, what about the windows phone commercials 'you were just beta testing smartphones'

I guess you still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.