Windows Vista Hits Sales Of 140 Million Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The only problem Vista has is it's view in the public. For the people who actually use Vista, it works great. For the people who have never even touched it, they can be blamed for most negative publicity.

klonedesu

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
The "view in public" can certainly be attributed as a reason but there view isn't based on nothing. Sure Vista isn't the horror story OS that people make it out to be but I think most people don't bother because it doesn't offer much when you look at the price/performance ratio. I have a gaming system at home with XP and a non-game(mainly internet surfing, work and kid's homework) system with Vista. I like the look of Vista and some of the extra features. However, it is more sluggish in general use(both system have identical components other than the video card)and has other features that I can do without. I know I'm missing out on DX10 but I also know that the performance of graphics cards drop when using DX10(although the eye candy is a little better). Given those reasons(and the fact that the money I would spend on Vista could be spent on something better like a new video card or other component that can up my system performance), I currently have no intention of upgrading my gaming system to Vista. The only reason the second machine has Vista in the first place was because it came pre-installed. Since I expect the gaming system to last for the next 2-3 years or so, I'm simply going to wait for Windows 7 or buy the matured Vista if Windows 7 goes through the same problems as Vista (which I can see happening since that's how these things go). I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who are holding out for similar reasons.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]gadt345[/nom]The only problem Vista has is it's view in the public. For the people who actually use Vista, it works great. For the people who have never even touched it, they can be blamed for most negative publicity.[/citation] - Well dear, my brother has a preinstalled vista that cannot get rid off due to lack of drivers. And performance/looks/productivity - way under XP!! And I see myself as a Vista user as I have troubleshooted it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.