Windows10 upgrade Toshiba Notebook keyboard problem

Kymott

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
After I upgraded to Windows 10 on my toshiba notebook satellite L745D, most of the keys on the right side of the keyboard are now numbers. If I press function then the correct letter/ number appears. I've locked it into function mode but when I do that, the spacebar doesn't work. I've updated the Bios, the keyboard driver and have taken it in for a computer tech to take a look and they couldn't figure it out. So far the only solution is to use a wireless keyboard but I would like to have my keyboard working again. Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Here is my .02 cents as...

nancyesalgado

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Here is my .02 cents as some forums says that you need to turn the laptop upside down, shake and bake it, re-install drivers etc blah blah blah and if that did not work heads to call support and gets anal probe in your pocket.

Do this only on this exact model: Sat L745D
Hold the Fn key and press F11 - turn off Numeric Overlay then test it..

Solution

You just have Num Lock on, seems like you got it fixed already though :)

ZERO42

Estimable
Sep 1, 2015
Problem Solved. ( Problem resolved on ACER , TOSHIBA & Now SAMSUNG Laptop)

Browsing the DEVICE MANAGER I un-installed the following 3 items:-

Human Interface Devices> TOSHIBA HOTKEY DRIVER *** Substitute TOSHIBA with your own LAPTOP MAKE

Keyboards > HID Compliant Keyboard

Mice and other pointing devices > HID Compliant Mouse

I then rebooted the Laptop and finally after 3 weeks without being able to use the laptop keyboard, I now have a fully working computer again.

Hope this helps other

This is not the same issue as not being able to use the keyboard, in your case you re-loaded the drivers for the HID devices, in the one in the post, numlock was on.