Wireless Audio Solution for Ceiling Mounted Projector

Clane912

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I have a BenQ HT2050 projector mounted to the ceiling in my bonus room, with a 110 inch screen at the far end. Using the small crawl space in my attic, I was able to run a long HDMI through the ceiling and out of an old phone outlet hole in the Back of the room. All of my equipment is on an HDMI splitter in this area. There is no way to run the wire to the screen side of the room without exposed HDMI or Speaker wires (its the outside wall oft the house). The room is long and skinny, so it doesnt really need a huge set up, as the built in speakers has been modestly sufficient up to now.

I have been reading about wireless HDMI transmitters and bluetooth transmitters, etc etc. I have all audio outs open and one HDMI out open on the projector. I have on older Vizio soundbar, but would be willing to get something new, including surround sound (within reason).

Is there an elegant solution to this issue? I am seeing all kinds of differing info.

Thanks!

Solution
All of your equipment is on a HDMI input selector. If you replace that with one that has audio extraction you can connect a low latency bluetooth transmitter to it. Pair that with a soundbar. You won't get surround sound but it's pretty easy to set up and use. You would have to try it to know if the delay will be a problem.
If you want better quality you could replace the switcher with an AV receiver and run the speaker wires outside and back in. If you have vinyl siding you can hide the wires behind that. You can also run the wires in a conduit near or under the ground. Depends on how much money and effort you want to put into it.
All of your equipment is on a HDMI input selector. If you replace that with one that has audio extraction you can connect a low latency bluetooth transmitter to it. Pair that with a soundbar. You won't get surround sound but it's pretty easy to set up and use. You would have to try it to know if the delay will be a problem.
If you want better quality you could replace the switcher with an AV receiver and run the speaker wires outside and back in. If you have vinyl siding you can hide the wires behind that. You can also run the wires in a conduit near or under the ground. Depends on how much money and effort you want to put into it.

Solution

Clane912

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

Thank you! This is very helpful, but I have one question.

Could I simply put the low latency bluetooth transmitter on the actual projector itself, since all audio from different sources currently play out of the projectors speakers with no issue?

The other solution with AV receiver may be a great option down the road when I have the time and money. Thanks again!