Wireless Cork Mouse Recharges As You Use It

Status
Not open for further replies.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I'm impressed. Even if you take away the "Green" aspect of it, it still never needs to be charged or have the batteries changed!

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Yeah, the cork part seems to be a bit of a gimmick, just like making car panels out of laminated hemp; if they want eco-friendly, just make it out of 100% recycled materials.

However, given that power and energy technology has always been what drags things down, any sort of idea to counter the limits of batteries is ingenuity that demands praise. A wireless mouse that basically recharges itself? That would DEFINITELY have a market, well outside of just the techno-hippies. It's an example of "green" being outright "smart."

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Well for the mouse part, this sure beats the logitech mouse that can last 3 years on batteries.

[citation][nom]nottheking[/nom]Yeah, the cork part seems to be a bit of a gimmick, just like making car panels out of laminated hemp; if they want eco-friendly, just make it out of 100% recycled materials.However, given that power and energy technology has always been what drags things down, any sort of idea to counter the limits of batteries is ingenuity that demands praise. A wireless mouse that basically recharges itself? That would DEFINITELY have a market, well outside of just the techno-hippies. It's an example of "green" being outright "smart."[/citation]
+1

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]if you play a sniper and camp all the time you might not have enough juice to fire off your shot.[/citation]

LOL!

dman157

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
OMG I just saved 1 watts of my computer power by not using a mouse that needs its own power! JK JK.

But in the end this is good. I'm tired of switching out AA batteries in my wireless mouse and if everybody in the world used this the amount of batteries in landfills would probably see a good decrease and we would see some kind of energy savings (even though I find it hard to imagine a mouse taking a lot of electricity).

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Cork would get dirty pretty fast I like the idea of self recharging and if it only supports Bluetooth and is good enough for gaming - that would be great!

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dman157[/nom]OMG I just saved 1 watts of my computer power by not using a mouse that needs its own power! JK JK.But in the end this is good. I'm tired of switching out AA batteries in my wireless mouse and if everybody in the world used this the amount of batteries in landfills would probably see a good decrease and we would see some kind of energy savings (even though I find it hard to imagine a mouse taking a lot of electricity).[/citation]

batteries do require energy to manufacture, deliver, buy etc....

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]micky_lund[/nom]wired will always be better...except in certain cases...gaming is not one of them[/citation]
Soooo true. Nothing like playing and FPS in the middle of a heated battle and you move your cross hair only to have it move 1 second after you already moved it. Then you get fragged. End of Story. I betcha go pissed off too. Everyone's gone throug this before.

G

now they just need to creat a keyboard that recharges itself (i have a rubish microsoft keyboard that has a battery stuck in it so it dosnt last longer than 2 days (i can only change 1 of the batteries unless i break keyboard or i damage the battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.