Wiring up my Home Entertainment system

Quiksilver67

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Hi everybody..I have recently bought a Samsung Series 5 Smart TV and want to wire it up to my Denon AVR-1611 and Sony Blu-ray Disc Player BDP - S370 and Set Top Box satellite receiver.
The Denon has 5 HDMI ports, BD,DVD,STB,Game Console and monitor ARC. The Samsung TV has 3 HDMI ports (STB, ARC, DVI) plus component, aUdio etc etc

The instructions are completely incomprehesible..... What goes where to make everything work???

Solution
Very simple if you have a Digital AV receiver:

All Components ---(any HDMI port)---> Receiver ---(HDMI port specifically marked ARC)---> TV.

Am in the school of no fancy cables unless ur wallet is too heavy and you wanto lighten it. Am personally kin of Mediabridge Flex series cables, they are thinner and more flexible than standard. HDMI v1.4 for HD, v2.0 for UHD (if your receiver does UHD).

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

TV connects to Denon via HDMI OUT.
BD player, Set top box, and any other devices plug into the Denon via HDMI IN

Then you just control the source using the Denon.

Greens is correct.

Since your reciever has HDMI IN and OUT the best option is to have all video source devices (blu-ray, cable box, game console, etc) hooked to HDMI Inputs on reciever and then TV hooked up to HDMI out of reciever.

If you want to use the "smart" apps on the TV then you want the TV/Reciever connection to use the ARC ports, this stands for Audio Return Channel, and will allow say Netflix on your smart TV to send sound back down to the reciever.

Quiksilver67

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Very simple if you have a Digital AV receiver:

All Components ---(any HDMI port)---> Receiver ---(HDMI port specifically marked ARC)---> TV.

Am in the school of no fancy cables unless ur wallet is too heavy and you wanto lighten it. Am personally kin of Mediabridge Flex series cables, they are thinner and more flexible than standard. HDMI v1.4 for HD, v2.0 for UHD (if your receiver does UHD).

Solution