Woman Sues Facebook After Getting Banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Who uses facebook for talking? That's what skype, Yahoo Messenger etc is for.
Also, why would you send a friend request to someone you don't know?

scione

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Sigh, some people, I mean kudos for trying to raise cancer awareness, but was it really worth it to drive all that way just for a facebook account? Most people I know dont even check if they know the person friend requesting them, some of them just hit add for the sake of it.

wishmaster12

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
maybe shes crazy? or has everyone in the USA and Canada after her, or the tv is talking to her, or the radio people are talking about her, or the cia is talking satilite pictures of her? who knows?

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
People who feel Facebook is so important, that they would drive across the entire country to be able to use it again, should not be allowed to reproduce and infect the gene-pool with their pathetic DNA.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i hope she got a warning about her deviant behavior before she got banned, as a lot of people just sign up and don't really read or understand the terms of use of a website.

wishmaster12

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
she'll probaly flip out at court and have to go back to the hospital! Again. and they will have to re ajust her med to the right cocktail

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
Some people rely on Facebook for many things. It's a social networking tool that nearly everyone uses.
I'm not entirely sure that 7% can ever count as nearly everyone, or is it in the same sense as nearly everyone loves the press or nearly everyone loves apple?

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I have to admit when I saw the headline my first reaction was 'ha ha you sad cow' but after reading the story I'm not sure where I stand now she obviously uses FB to promote a good cause but the question remains does FB rule her life?

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Welcome to Banbook from Banifornia the land you are banned with little appeal only to be permaban with no appeal.

"Face" it folks Facebook is a hidden Tax on your life that is your time and only the reason why most have it is because they had 20 other people tell them to get an account there.

Not having a account there is a badge of honor.

The_Prophecy

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
Problem is, this article does not explain what Karen did to cause Facebook to ban her. From reading this, it looks like the ban was completely arbitrary, and she has every right to sue them for banning her without cause as outlined in their own terms of service.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Prophecy[/nom]Problem is, this article does not explain what Karen did to cause Facebook to ban her. From reading this, it looks like the ban was completely arbitrary, and she has every right to sue them for banning her without cause as outlined in their own terms of service.[/citation]

Unless the article has changed since you wrote that, it says right there:

Prohibited behavior includes, but is not limited to:

• Sending friend requests to people you don’t know
• Regularly contacting strangers through unsolicited Inbox messages
• Soliciting others for dating or business purposes

That's not arbitrary at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.