Word for Android will not share with my other apps on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Dayhiker4k

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
Word for Android will not share with my other apps on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I cannot get Word for Android to share with the other apps on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

For example, if I want to Select All or part of a Word document, then copy it to another Android app on my cell phone, it will not copy. In particular, what is inconvenient and annoys me, is I cannot copy the selected text to the Google search box of Chrome for Android.

I have arthritis and have trouble typing, so any timeshare such as that really cuts down on the tedious and wasted time of me retyping the text all over again.

I cannot believe Microsoft designed the app that way (I hope!)? I suspect I must not have something set up correctly.

FYI, I do not have a subscription to Microsoft OFFICE 365. I feel, since I have purchased OFFICE multiple times, I should not have to spend even more money.

Thank you,
Dayhiker4k

Solution
No, most apps actually don't allow for copying and pasting. Unlike with a computer.

You can, however, try using the phones accessibility features (most have them) and speak what you need to put in something rather than type it.