Question Working brand new hdd will not let me install clean windows 10

Apr 25, 2019
Namaste and hello all my techies. I am having a problem and I need y'alls help in solving it. So I am doing some upgrading for my aunt on her Toshiba Satellite C675-S7200. I installed and tested new 2x4gb ram. Works great and fine. But when I try to use the western digital black 2.5 6gbs( 1tb WD10JPLX) windows 10 installer tells me that windows cannot be installed on this drive. I already reset cmos but still giving me this error. Also I did install this drive in my pc and it works no problem.

Thanks in advance for the answers. Peace and love be with you always.

1. Did you confirm before purchasing/installing the new drive that it will actually work in that laptop? Not all drives (or any component for that matter) will work in all devices.

2. If you did confirm that the drive you are trying to install will in fact work in the laptop/is compatible, then did you check the settings in BIOS. Is it set to UEFI mode or legacy mode? and which is the drive set to work in?

Apr 25, 2019
1. Did you confirm before purchasing/installing the new drive that it will actually work in that laptop? Not all drives (or any component for that matter) will work in all devices.

2. If you did confirm that the drive you are trying to install will in fact work in the laptop/is compatible, then did you check the settings in BIOS. Is it set to UEFI mode or legacy mode? and which is the drive set to work in?
Wait.. No I did not know that not all harddrives can be compatible within certain circumstances. How can I find out what kind of drive is needed for this kind of laptop?

You should be able to find the specs on the manufacturer's website or through a google search. Another route to take would be to look up drives for that specific device and see what drives show up. Check a few sites as some may just limit what they carry.

I don't know the specs on that particular laptop, so can't say it is or isn't a match, but it wouldn't be the first time.