Solved! Would auto sync take up a significant amount of data?

ShangWang

Great
Feb 22, 2021
I have the Samsung a32 5g.

I am synced to 5 gmail accounts, 1 facebook account, office, onedrive, reddit, soundcloud samsung account, whatsapp and 2 twitter accounts.

I only really receive a decent amount of emails from two of my gmail accounts, and some notifications some reddit. I notice I still get notifications from reddit regardless of having auto sync on, as well as whatsapp, twitter, and facebook. I don't use soundcloud often so I'm not sure what I would even use data from auto-sync.

In general does auto-sync only really take up data if I get emails, and other apps that normally send notifications are not part of auto-sync? If I got about 100 emails on mobile data with auto-sync on, about how much data would that take up? What other usage auto-sync uses mobile data other than what I mentioned?

Solution

I am synced to 5 gmail accounts, 1 facebook account, office, onedrive, reddit, soundcloud samsung account, whatsapp and 2 twitter accounts.

I only really receive a decent amount of emails from two of my gmail accounts, and some notifications some reddit. I notice I still get notifications from reddit regardless of having auto sync on, as well as whatsapp, twitter, and facebook. I don't use soundcloud often so I'm not sure what I would even use data from auto-sync.

In general does auto-sync only really take up data if I get emails, and other apps that normally send notifications are not part of auto-sync? If I got about 100 emails on mobile data with auto-sync on, about how much data would that take up...

ShangWang

Great
Feb 22, 2021
I have the samsung a32 5g.

I noticed there's an option called background sync on chrome that supposedly makes sure interactions between others are done securely done without error. I know it probably uses more battery, but what about mobile data? Is it worth keeping it on if I'm mainly just going through the web, and will it affect data usage if I'm not sending emails?

In general does auto-sync only really take up data if I get emails, and other apps that normally send notifications are not part of auto-sync? If I got about 100 emails on mobile data with auto-sync on, about how much data would that take up? What other usage auto-sync uses mobile data other than what I mentioned?

It will use the data it needs to, how much depends on your usage. You can easily see the data usage in the phone settings. Turn off that sync option for a week, see data usage. Turn it back on, in a week look at the data usage, you have your difference.

Solution