Would something like TRRS into splitter into adapter to USB work?

Velpo

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017
The laptop I am currently using (Dell Inspiron 15) has only one jack for audio, being a combo jack for mic / headphones. This is proving problematic, as several of the headsets I was after back in the day had only been accessible through plugging both TRS jacks for mic & sound. Given the fact I had that option out, I've been looking for some other options.

Recently a friend borrowed me a pair of his earphones - Roccat Aluma (with mic; TRRS).
The audio goes through no problem from laptop, although it does not seem to be able to detect microphone. It just uses the internal one (which is atrocious, by the way). I've been wondering whether something like plugging the TRRS jack into a splitter for separate TRS ones (1 for mic; 1 for headphones) and then porting them through USB adapter would solve the issue? I don't have any to test it on at the moment, and I'm out of ideas as well.

Solution
Hi, try something like this
www.aliexpress.com/item/Logitech-USB-Sound-Card-USB-to-3-5mm-Mic-Microphone-Headphone-Earphone-Jack-Stereo-Audio-Sound/32707073581.html

and the splitter of course.

Elysian890

Commendable
Nov 9, 2016
Hi, try something like this
www.aliexpress.com/item/Logitech-USB-Sound-Card-USB-to-3-5mm-Mic-Microphone-Headphone-Earphone-Jack-Stereo-Audio-Sound/32707073581.html

and the splitter of course.

Solution