WP7 Hitting Verizon, Sprint Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I bought the Samsung Focus and I love it! I don't regret not waiting for Verizon...yet. :) Hopefully they come out with some game changers though, wp7 is amazing and needs to stick around!

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
The flier itself was directed at Microsoft employees, enticing them to purchase the HTC Trophy for $199.99 while signing the typical 2-year contract with "America's Most Reliable 3G Network."

That kind of marketing for generating "pseudo-success" news reports has been done before. Real successful products don't need it.

beta tester

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Windows Phone 7 has already flopped.

We know that sales have been lackluster. We know there are few online WP7 users. We know that app sales are abysmal (most WP7 apps sell less than ten units).

It's already Game Over for Microsoft in mobile. Windows Phone 7 can be pronounced dead on arrival.

G

Verison just started using WordPerfect 7? Way to be behind the times guys...

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I was really interested in win7 phone at first, hoping that they had learned from their mistakes(buying out the sidekick servers,crashing them...releasing 6.5 and not making it reliable...etc) but then the facts came out on win phone 7( no tethering, no previous wince support etc) In this world of android and iphone, I don't think that m$ can offer enough value for the hassle. I know I have been burned by the above enough not to give them a chance, but time will tell for every one else I guess.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
im actualy goint to get the new nokia N8 that 12 megapixel real optical camera is to freaking die for. and the hdmi out to television for 720p movies is sick ass hell

G

Windows Phone 7 does support tethering, you just have to know how to access it as it's hidden. As for being a flop, I don't think so. Granted sales are off to a slow start but as more and more handset makers are investing in it, it will sucessd, albeit slowly. Also, some really big names are releasing apps/content for it so if it were a flop, why would Verzion/Sprint et al be taking it on? No, I think you are hoping it's going to be a flop rather than speaking from a point of authority, I bet you have a iPhone or Andriod and never actually seen a WP7 device in the flesh so to speak.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
"...directed at Microsoft employees, enticing them to purchase the HTC Trophy for $199.99"

Wow....not even an employee discount? Bill should have worked out a better deal with these manufacturers. You want Windows Phone 7 out there in the world then give your employees free phones.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]bill gates is your daddy[/nom]"...directed at Microsoft employees, enticing them to purchase the HTC Trophy for $199.99"Wow....not even an employee discount? Bill should have worked out a better deal with these manufacturers. You want Windows Phone 7 out there in the world then give your employees free phones.[/citation]

Wow? You'll continue to be surprised by things until you follow the news. They do get a free phone. MS will reimburse for cost of new phone with 2yr activation up to like $500 (in case you had just renewed prior to the offer).

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]grillz9909[/nom]I bought the Samsung Focus and I love it! I don't regret not waiting for Verizon...yet. Hopefully they come out with some game changers though, wp7 is amazing and needs to stick around![/citation]

Same. The display on the focus rocks and the UI is so f'n fast.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
With just AT&T and T-Mo, WP7 will not succeed. AT&T employees are all carrying iPhones and T-Mo, well, sucks. When WP7 comes to Verizon and Sprint, then we can have a fair assessment.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]With just AT&T and T-Mo, WP7 will not succeed. AT&T employees are all carrying iPhones and T-Mo, well, sucks. When WP7 comes to Verizon and Sprint, then we can have a fair assessment.[/citation]

AT&T guy I bought from was a blackberry user. A coworkers were running WP7 and Android. I didn't see a single Apple device in the crowded store.

Getting out to the other carriers will indeed be necessary though.

Status
Not open for further replies.