WRITE ERROR on cell phone regarding picture id

heypeppe

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Hello, I have a lg600g phone. It has a feature where I can take a picture and have it match a phone number of the caller.(ex. son's picture will display when he is calling me) I really like this feature because I have to wear reading glasses and when his picture pops up when he is calling me, I do not have to fumble with glasses to read the number, I can see his picture. The problem I am having is, his is the only picture I can get to work with the picture id. Every time I try to connect other pictures with their phone numbers, a message pops up "WRITE ERROR". Does anyone have an idea how I can correct this problem? I've tried reinstalling the sim card, reinstalling the battery, calling LG, and no one could tell he what to do or what the problem could be. Thanks so much. db

heypeppe

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Hi, and thanks for the response. I am not sure, I think they are on the phone because it does not have an option for storing on the sim card. I have asked others if I was missing something and they could not figure it out. No matter what I do, it gives me a "Write Error" when I am trying to assign picture to cell number. Immediately after it sends a "Write Error" it will flash "saved" on the screen. But it's not saved, that is for sure.

heypeppe

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Hi, and thanks for the response. I am not sure, I think the pictures are stored on the phone because it does not have an option for storing on the sim card. I have asked others if I was missing something and they could not figure it out. No matter what I do, it gives me a "Write Error" when I am trying to assign picture to cell number. Immediately after it sends a "Write Error" message, it will flash "saved" on the screen, but picture is not saved, that is for sure.

heypeppe

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for you response buwish, "picture id", one of the features on the phone is where you can assign a photo to a cell phone number. Example: I should be able to take a picture of my son, and then assign his photo to his cell number, allowing me to see his picture when he calls. It is easier for me, because like I said, I have to wear reading glasses, and with the picture id, I don't need to fumble for my glasses, I can see his picture when he is calling me on my cell phone from his phone.

O ok. I understand now. At this point I would recommend looking in the options of the phone to see where the photos are being saved. If you can find it, ensure that the phone's internal memory is selected as the place where photos are to be saved. Either that or you can invest a few dollars into a microsd card or whatever kind of storage card your phone takes, which in turn should automatically save the photos to such a card.