Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
1) What is your budget?
$500-$700

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15"+

3) Where will you buying this notebook?
USA

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
Yes.

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
University studies.

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook?
No.

Besides posting what to buy, if you have any links for particularly good/cheap places to buy it, please post them as well.

Thanks!

wildfire707

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Well, a few additional questions really help out when making suggestions.

Do you want a touch screen?

What operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8)?

Do you want bluetooth? For some reason HP doesn't like bluetooth, so keep that in mind.

Kevin Wheeler

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

Anything is fine for these options, I could do without in these areas if it will be cheaper. I'm mostly just concerned with getting a good deal/something fast. Thanks!

wildfire707

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011

The link for that should be:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/J3G66AV?HP-ENVY-15t-Select-Laptop

Unfortunately, the configuration page that you provided has the laptop information stored in the browser session. So it doesn't work to link to that page. It is true that from there you should click on the "customize and buy" option to get to the configuration screen.

Getting an HD display (1920 x 1080) is a definite requirement for most people. It provides more display to use for day to day tasks. As jaguarskx mentioned, HP charges an additional $50 for this.

I would also recommend adding bluetooth for an additional $10 if you want that HP.