X202E Asus Damaged Screen

techie4life

Estimable
Sep 12, 2014
Dropped a cell phone on the screen. Damaged the digitizer. Cracked it. Replaced the digitizer - yes, used the correct version. The replacement digitizer did not have any mars or anything.
Followed all precautions. Did research, followed the research in replacing digitizer.

The LED screen was not damaged - did not bleed.

Still having these issues.

The touch screen is laggy. It will reach my global password screen on Win 8.1

Keyboard does not function. Can use a usb keyboard. Cursor stays in the left position while typing, which results in words being typed backwards.

Have not reached metro because of not being able to enter password, correctly.

techie4life

Estimable
Sep 12, 2014
So this means that for digitizers there are only oem and fake? Unlike most other computer components, print cartridge, etc. that have a secondary market. I have read about tablets having fakes but I have never seen anything about laptops.

I am curious - could anything else be causing this. I thought it was out of place that the keyboard is affected. And I have come across stuck touchpads causing the cursor problem.

It seems weird that a fake device would work partially and cause the keyboard issue.

And is it a problem that it is a replacement? I have built and rebuilt desktops for 10 plus years and a secondary market seems to be often as good as or sometimes better. Is that not true with digitizers? <edit>
I know the way to determine fake ipad digitizers but how do you determine fake laptop digitizers, specifically Asus. As to rule out the different variables that could be causing these problems...

techie4life

Estimable
Sep 12, 2014
I understand - that was a concern before he started working on it... He has experience building pcs, fixing jacks on laptops, soldering (hes fixed monitors). But this is the first digitizer (for a laptop) he worked with...He worked slowly and with the usual precautions. And it fit just right. We were just wondering if these issues were indicative of more damage. Although he has not observed more damage.