Xbox 360 Just Had Its Biggest Week Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Nakal[/nom]That many RRODs happened at the same time?[/citation]

possibly. they might have accumulated over the year and the call of duty kids had no choice but to wait till xmas to get there parents to buy them another one

A little bit of PC gaming died that day

more like the gaming industry

phasmantis

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
Sad day for PC gamers! These numbers will only help developers follow the money trail and not focus as much on quality, innovation, and pushing the limits (which is what every new game is currently forced to do to the console hardware to make it decent)... BF3 is a great example. They saw the money in consoles, and released an unfinished, rush, and watered-down game that could have been massive and amazing.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
It's hard to say no to kinect when its sale was $100 bucks with 3 games (ok they are not GOOD games, but whatever)

Also check out MS's Kinect developer contest. Have a good idea you want to turn into a business? MS will get you the stuff to start you out, and if you have a top idea, they will also hook you up with business development $$$

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]more like the gaming industry[/citation]

How in the world does a company selling one million consoles in 24 hours signify the end of the gaming industry? Seriously, you sound like a little baby, mad and jealous because of someone else's success.

You gonna cry, bro?

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]How in the world does a company selling one million consoles in 24 hours signify the end of the gaming industry? Seriously, you sound like a little baby, mad and jealous because of someone else's success. You gonna cry, bro?[/citation]

They see me trollin'. . .

Anyways, what's the story with this, are the ecksbawks fanbois buying back-ups? Everyone and their brother i know owns an x-box so unless there are really that many people updating because the new one is so "slim and sleek" I don't see how this made so many sales.

That said, there were some rockin' black friday deals, IIRC amazon had some bundles with 100 dollar gift cards, that's not peanuts.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
My good friend has been trying to convince me to buy an XBox 360 for a few years now. This after sending 3 back for repair due to a Red Ring of Death. I just can't seem to get the point across to him that my 20+ year old Atari still works fine and is a party hit.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]ONLY play console only games and multiplayer shooter games such as COD. Because I enjoy the multiplayer features more then on a PC.[/citation]

I'll never understand how people prefer those little sticks and like 6 buttons to a full keyboard and mouse experience, especially if your mouse has extra buttons. So much more control.

As for the "multiplayer experience" you mean the PC actually lets you choose the server you play on such as map, ping and number of players and doesn't just autopick (ie shit you into) some random server based in god knows what country with god knows who? Yeah, that makes way more sense.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Bet they are all happy with there old tube t.v.'s to. What a waste of money, should have just waited for 720, but i guess if they really cared about quality, they would have just bought or built a pc..Leave it to console gamers to shun innovation.. 0_0

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]I'll never understand how people prefer those little sticks and like 6 buttons to a full keyboard and mouse experience, especially if your mouse has extra buttons. So much more control.As for the "multiplayer experience" you mean the PC actually lets you choose the server you play on such as map, ping and number of players and doesn't just autopick (ie shit you into) some random server based in god knows what country with god knows who? Yeah, that makes way more sense.[/citation]
Too much configuration... Too much choice, for the average user, who just wants to play... Also, if you could find a way to have a full keyboard practically set up for 4 users at a time, that doesn't involve a desk/table, and full use of all keys and buttons, you may have a real winner for social gaming at home... Otherwise, small controllers lend themselves to gaming socially...

nickchalk

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]Sigh...I can't believe so many people pay $300 for a 7 year old gaming console...I have all the gaming consoles...XBOX360, PS3, Wii, NDS (not the 3d one), and PSP....I really only play on the 360, and ONLY play console only games and multiplayer shooter games such as COD. Because I enjoy the multiplayer features more then on a PC. Additionally I use the 360 to stream video's from my PC to my TV via Windows Media Center. I don't use the consoles for anything else.[/citation]

it's because those that bought the console are planning on downloading games to play there!
muahahahahaha

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]How in the world does a company selling one million consoles in 24 hours signify the end of the gaming industry? Seriously, you sound like a little baby, mad and jealous because of someone else's success. You gonna cry, bro?[/citation]

from that PMS like response it sounds like you are the one doing all the cryin

G

People purchase the Ps3 or 360 because they don't plan on spending 800+ on a decent gaming rig. I own a gaming pc and a 360 because I enjoy a sports title every now and again and they don't make them for pc. I would prefer to play them on pc but I understand why they dont. PC hardware is expensive and until they come out with a cheaper pc solution, people are simply just going to flock to consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.