Xbox 360 Slim Possible in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

nun

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
i like how they fixed the fan issues and 2010 isn't that when project natal is supposed to be released to the xbox?

G

I wish Sony would sort the size of their PS3 devkit out too.

As for the Xbox 360 Slim - why would Microsoft bother investing in all that? It isn't necessarily that big anyway. Sure it's a little on the chunky side, but it's really not a problem.

Jazzmain

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Personally I think the design of the 360 is one of the best. Not too small of big, looks good both vertical and horizontal. I'd rather see them fix issues with the heat, random pause and disc reading. But realistically the warranty is pretty groovy, you're just out a console while they look at it.

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I wonder how they are going to deal with the heat issue causing the red ring of death. What will be the cooling setup? The slim might be a good idea but i am just worried about the cooling cause i owned two xbox 360's that gave me red ring of death.

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
seeing as a ps3 could swallow my xbox and nintendo, it NEEDED a slimming, xbox, eh put your time into other improvements

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
"However, a redesigned model may mislead consumers into thinking the hardware problems have been resolved. "

This just sounds funny the way he is slamming Microsoft. I thought the idea behind a redesign/re-engineered piece of hardware was for this very reason - to make it better.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]will_chellam[/nom]It might be a good time to add bluray as well - i think if they did this, there really is absoloutely no reason to buya ps3 in my opinion.[/citation]
The reason the PS3 needs a Blu-Ray player is because that's the disc that the games are made on. The Xbox however uses DVD for it's games. If they did put a Blu-Ray player internally into the console, then it would drive costs way up, would be useless in terms of being beneficial towards the console purpose (because again the games are DVD), and it would not be able to read the Xbox 360 DVD (or a DVD at all because of the laser) out of the box.

It would be better to do an add-on like the HD-DVD player was if anything. Otherwise, the Blu-Ray players are falling in price quite hard lately and you can find one less than $100 (less than $60 for a computer optical drive) if you find a good sale.

I would rather pay less for a gaming console rather than pay more for a multimedia center all-in-one, this is what put the PS3 in trouble in the first place.

G

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Your kidding right? The crapbox was out of date last year why do this ?[/citation]

As a 360/PS3 programmaer, I can assure you that the 360 still has plenty of processing headroom for the next couple of years. I'd expect to see a new Xbox in 2012

emile-dros

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
ive never seen a xbox360 thats been red ring free wtf? they need 2 consentrate more on quality than quantity im considering ps3!! wont buy a xbox again soon until proven to work without any problems!

homerhellboy223

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
why??? We don't need it slimmer but functional and better. Consoles are what are holding back graphics in games and microsoft better get off their asses with the rest of console producers and move on in the gaming world. I mean common, we still have games being made with '06 quality graphics?

djtrailmixxx

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
I keep hearing people harp over the RROD. I have a jasper model and I'm pretty sure that jasper resolved the heat issues. Does anyone know of any reports of the jasper platform failing?

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Xbox 360 Slim - marketing tagline:-
"Because we didn't lose enough extending warranties on RROD - now we make it smaller and compound heat dissipation problems ;)"

SlyMaelstrom

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
I wish people would stop feeding Sony in calling the PS3 Slim by it's name... really, it's just the PS3 cheap. Looks cheap, probably feels cheap... hell, in price it actually is cheap. It's the PS3 Cheap... I think it sounds nice, too.

I'm a sony fan... always have been in the gaming industry... I bought a PS3 when it was full price and I haven't regretted it. However, I am very disappointed with the announcement of its latest firmware revision which DOESN'T contain the software PS2 emulator that they patented and everyone's been excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS