Xbox 360 to Score Modern Warfare 2 DLC First

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
Why would anyone want to run an awesome looking game dumbed-down to 1080? yuck
And with a hand controller none the less? lol

yes I do own a PS3, I play all 1stps on my PC still

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]roofus[/nom]DLC was most likely targeted at their biggest market first. PC gamers just have to accept that there are far fewer of them than the console kiddies. A 199 dollar console is easier to come by for most folks than a 199 video card and all the hardware that you would need to surround it to make enjoyable game play. A majority of who would read an article at TH would scoff at the notion but yes.. not everyone is willing to spend 800-3000 dollars to play video games at their computer desk in spite of the higher quality game experience.[/citation]

I gladly accept these facts. What is happening is that the annoying gamers have migrated to consoles. Online PC gaming has not been this enjoyable in years. I am glad that I can afford to have a $6000 PC to game on and recently purchase two 55" LED TVs for gaming. One for the PC and one for the 360 in the living room. As far as I am concerned high quality gaming should come at a price. I do not mind paying extra to be able to do things that are just out or (in the consoles case) WAY out of other peoples reach.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Why get MW2? L4D2 is around $33-37 on sale at Steam and it is a much better game. MP requires teamwork and from what I've seen, teamwork in MW2 mean have an uber guy running around (not taking cover) and shoot first.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Here is my two cents: I have played it on the PC. So far all the comments about the PC version are spot on. However what really gets me is that IW and Steam said that this would be better to curb piracy and supposedly cheaters. Well that is a out right lie. So far the game hackers are playing with all sorts of bots and has for piracy MW2 is the most pirated game to date with about 4 mil. pirated copies for the PC and another 900,000 for the consoles (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/pirated-modern-warfare-bittorrent-download,9325.html). So much for that excuse.

I have never had so much problems even playing a FPS on dedicated servers than with MW2. At least the servers I played on the hacking players were kept in check. With IW and Steam it is rampent by at least a factor of 5. IW and Steam are just a bunch of liars who care nothing for their customers. This was my first and last time I will ever by a IW/Steam game. If M$ wants it they can have it. Its a piece of junk anyway.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
They can keep this console port job and shove it in their arses, it will not see my PC. This is a kiddie console game if I ever saw one, I will put it in with Halo and forget about it. Dragon Age is doing just fine at 1920 x 1200 but I will not submit to being milked for cash so no DLC for me.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Sorry but this is OLD news. Back before the launch of MW2 Infinity Ward had already stated that the xbox would get the DLC (Downloaded Content) first.[/citation]
That's because they know the Crapbox players are a bunch of mindless drones. Momma, momma, I want it now, waaaaaaaaa." "OK sweetie anything you want so you will just shut up."

SethEffect

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I bet everbody crying here also signed that online petition... right i thought so... look MW2 destroyed MW's sales numbers, nuff said. All your crying got you nowhere, and nobody cares to hear it. Dont like it, dont buy it. Stop Crying. That is all.

steadfast1984

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Microsoft should drop xbox and focus on producing PC games that run on Windows. and making accessory's for pc gaming like controllers and what not

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]steadfast1984[/nom]Microsoft should drop xbox and focus on producing PC games that run on Windows. and making accessory's for pc gaming like controllers and what not[/citation]

I don't think you could convince them of that at this point. Their console is finally profitable and they have excellent attachment rate to pad their sales in addition to their Live subscriptions. They were the beginning of the end of pc games when they bought up so many game studios to have a full catalog of games for their original xbox.That is a happy thought but that goes up there with the return of 99 cent a gallon gasoline.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]accolite[/nom]Uh, what was that saying squeaky wheel gets the grease?[/citation]

Or sometimes it gets snapped off the axle and replaced. PC gamers have loyal tendencies found nowhere else. Unfortunately, that sentiment is not reciprocated. It is all about volume sales and pc gaming has slowly became less relevant due to the gazillion consoles in the world. I am not saying this because I like it. It really pisses me off that pc game selection is shrinking every time I walk in a retailer and more and more console BS. every now and then we get table scraps in the form of a console port. The ONLY thing that will curb this trend is for something to happen in pc game development that makes the entry cost align with mainstream computers. My only recourse is to not buy garbage ports or give them the satisfaction of pirating it just to validate their weak excuse for abandoning the platform. Good games sell period. MW2 I will never know personally and they could care less.

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
a lot of the 360 owners are jumping for joy on this news. but i don't understand why they would be so happy? this simply means they are the first to get milked by the company and they are really excited for that?!

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Quick Note: Why do the PC gamers seem to think that IW or Activision cares? A ton of them seem to complain and say that they could have more money....bad news for you all, they made more money in the first week then any other entertainment company has made in that time frame. Infact they made in the first week what a "hot selling" game makes in the first month. Do the math, they hit an astounding home run. And I know his will be a Negative comment count, but I am just tired of reading all the bashing about the game simply because they didnt listen to you. Sure they didnt, but they decided to try something new. Which should be encouraged, instead it is being discouraged (what if this would have happened to Thomas Edison, Bell, or Allan Alcorn).

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Quick Note: Why do the PC gamers seem to think that IW or Activision cares? A ton of them seem to complain and say that they could have more money....bad news for you all, they made more money in the first week then any other entertainment company has made in that time frame. Infact they made in the first week what a "hot selling" game makes in the first month. Do the math, they hit an astounding home run. And I know his will be a Negative comment count, but I am just tired of reading all the bashing about the game simply because they didnt listen to you. Sure they didnt, but they decided to try something new. Which should be encouraged, instead it is being discouraged (what if this would have happened to Thomas Edison, Bell, or Allan Alcorn).[/citation]

infinity ward should not listen to the customers? the customers are the ones who pay for the product. if you are not going to satisfy the needs of the customers, then you're not going to get buyers.

as a game developer, you do not take the actions as what infinity ward did to pc gamers. when wanting to make new ideas, you experiment them out off the product line, that is to say you release small experimental ideas on to a new product line. they could have released a mod for call of duty 5 where it had some of the ideas from call of duty 6. if the comments by pc gamers were null, then it means the ideas are bad. but infinity ward shoved their ideas into pc gamers without even considering about their needs. this is why pc gamers are mad.

making money is easy. there is something that is harder for a company to get rather then money. money is easy as activision could have simply have a higher price point then any other game and that would give them more money. but the customers needs and satisfaction are the hardest thing to get. if you can't satisfy that need, then they'll never have faith in you again.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]pochacco007[/nom]infinity ward should not listen to the customers? the customers are the ones who pay for the product. if you are not going to satisfy the needs of the customers, then you're not going to get buyers.as a game developer, you do not take the actions as what infinity ward did to pc gamers. when wanting to make new ideas, you experiment them out off the product line, that is to say you release small experimental ideas on to a new product line. they could have released a mod for call of duty 5 where it had some of the ideas from call of duty 6. if the comments by pc gamers were null, then it means the ideas are bad. but infinity ward shoved their ideas into pc gamers without even considering about their needs. this is why pc gamers are mad. making money is easy. there is something that is harder for a company to get rather then money. money is easy as activision could have simply have a higher price point then any other game and that would give them more money. but the customers needs and satisfaction are the hardest thing to get. if you can't satisfy that need, then they'll never have faith in you again.[/citation]

True, but they do not listen by sitting around and reading all of the complaints. They listen through their sales. Which as I said was extremely high and broke all records.

ghaleo1980

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Ha ha, look how everyone is hating on MW2 all of the sudden just because of some DLC. I was never a COD fan but I have MW2 and I know when to appreciate a good game when I see one. Quit hating on it just because you are a sony fanboy. Also the game is NOT dead (in popularity) already, look how many people play it simultaneously on Xbox 360 ALONE and the numbers reach upwards of 700,000 at peak times of day. Quit spouting inaccuracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.