Xperia Play 4G Arriving on AT&T Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I don't understand why anybody would buy a phone right now. At least wait a month to see exactly what the iPhone 5 is, and to see what kind of competition will arise (assuming it's not already beat)

G

sorry but there is not much difference between an iphone 4 and 5. the software is so tightly managed that you cant argue software, cuz all iphone have same software. but it doesnt leave much for a developer.

android gives lots of freedom regarding development, its community is huge,theres always something out there. its also the cheapest phones cause the manufacturer doesnt pay for OS.

phych

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
Good luck downloading all those games on AT&Ts network. You'll reach the 2GB limit in less than a week...an forget about multiplayer.

chick0n

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]I don't understand why anybody would buy a phone right now. At least wait a month to see exactly what the iPhone 5 is, and to see what kind of competition will arise (assuming it's not already beat)[/citation]

why would anybody in their right mind would buy another overpriced garbage from Apple ? oh right, the Apple zealots would. nevermind.

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Phych[/nom]Good luck downloading all those games on AT&Ts network. You'll reach the 2GB limit in less than a week...an forget about multiplayer.[/citation]
Almost every carrier has a 2Gb cap, besides an intelligent person would download/ the games at a wifi hotspot anyways.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]sasy452[/nom]sorry but there is not much difference between an iphone 4 and 5. the software is so tightly managed that you cant argue software, cuz all iphone have same software. but it doesnt leave much for a developer.android gives lots of freedom regarding development, its community is huge,theres always something out there. its also the cheapest phones cause the manufacturer doesnt pay for OS.[/citation]
The iphone 4 has the A4 silicon and the iphone 5 is supposed to have the same A5 silicon thats in the iPad2. If you read Toms reviews of the Xoom and Galaxy Tab Tegra2 based devices you see that in almost all of the CPU/GPU benchmarks favor the iPad2.. Especially the GPU benchmarks.. But I understand that you just wanted to bash Apple so dont let me stop you.. The iphone5 could have the power of an overclocked 6core i7 based CPU, with 24gb of mem, 580gtx SLI,with a battery strong enough to last an entire solid week of gaming on just one charge, had a QHD resolution AMOLED screen and still fit int he same form factor and you would still bitch just because it has an Apple logo..

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]The iphone 4 has the A4 silicon and the iphone 5 is supposed to have the same A5 silicon thats in the iPad2. If you read Toms reviews of the Xoom and Galaxy Tab Tegra2 based devices you see that in almost all of the CPU/GPU benchmarks favor the iPad2.. Especially the GPU benchmarks.. But I understand that you just wanted to bash Apple so dont let me stop you.. The iphone5 could have the power of an overclocked 6core i7 based CPU, with 24gb of mem, 580gtx SLI,with a battery strong enough to last an entire solid week of gaming on just one charge, had a QHD resolution AMOLED screen and still fit int he same form factor and you would still bitch just because it has an Apple logo..[/citation]
Damn.. I got all that out and forgot the main part of my post which was supposed to be about iOS5 which is supposed to be even bigger than the hardware upgrade... I do agree that iOS is getting played out though.. If they dont completely revamp it by the time my contract is up I probably wont be getting another iPhone..

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Data caps? No thanks I will stick with my "crappy" Sprint unlimited 4g. So far I have used 10.5gb streaming the US Open this month and have not been slowed down or charged on extra penny for it!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS