Y510p working internal GPU only

JurajStrucka

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
Hi guys. I have Lenovo Y510p with two GPUs 750M. When I put one of them out and start the PC, PC uses just the internal one (some Intel) and not the 750M. In Device Manager I see that there are both. How can I make that GeForce working?
Thanks

Solution
The GeForce GPU is working, it automatically takes over from the Intel GPU when higher graphics performance is required for games & graphics applications in accordance with user configuration.

When high graphics performance is not necessary, the Intel GPU is used by default in order to maximise laptop usage time on battery power (the Geforce GPU uses more power than the Intel one).

To make a game or application use the GeForce GPU, right-click on the app/game shorcut, hover over
"Run with graphics processor" in the menu, chose which GPU you want that app/game to use.

Incidentally, removing one of the Geforce cards may affect performance of some games compared two using two in SLI.

The GeForce GPU is working, it automatically takes over from the Intel GPU when higher graphics performance is required for games & graphics applications in accordance with user configuration.

When high graphics performance is not necessary, the Intel GPU is used by default in order to maximise laptop usage time on battery power (the Geforce GPU uses more power than the Intel one).

To make a game or application use the GeForce GPU, right-click on the app/game shorcut, hover over
"Run with graphics processor" in the menu, chose which GPU you want that app/game to use.

Incidentally, removing one of the Geforce cards may affect performance of some games compared two using two in SLI.

Solution

JurajStrucka

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
I know that just one will not make run things as two in SLI. Strange is that after removing the one card makes run the integrated one, not the GeForce. I need GeForce to run, not Intel GPU. In another tag one guy told me to disable Intel GPU in the BIOS.