Yahoo! CEO Steps Down After Resume Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Call me crazy but maybe the reason yahoo is doing so terrible is because the bored of directors has to much power? The guy might have lied on his resume or it could have been a mistake things happen. I am not going to sit here debate if its right or wrong. My only question is how was he doing at the job where things starting to look up? I think to many company's now days put to much emphasis on a piece of paper that don't mean crap. Its paper all it does is say you went and did something its not real experience. I cant call your diploma and ask how you did in school. I can't call the teachers that helped you get the paper and ask how you where in school. Kinda off topic sorry just my humble opinon

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
he didn't become CEO through a college degree in comp sci, so what the big deal? Most CEOs got there through scamming and cheating, when one get's caught with a fake degree who cares?

flybri

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]You would think if a POTUS can could fake a birth certificate, some CEO could fake a college diploma.[/citation]

Seriously? I hope you're joking, because if you're not, that's one insanely ignorant comment, in so many ways. First off, try writing properly -- writing "can could" makes you sound stupid. Secondly, if you still believe Obama's birth certificate is fake...you're just an idiot. Thirdly, even if Thompson did fake a college diploma, it wouldn't matter, since the computer science degree he claimed he got from his college wasn't offered until four years after he graduated. Please do us all a favor and get educated please before you speak...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]flybri[/nom]Seriously? I hope you're joking, because if you're not, that's one insanely ignorant comment, in so many ways. First off, try writing properly -- writing "can could" makes you sound stupid. Secondly, if you still believe Obama's birth certificate is fake...you're just an idiot. Thirdly, even if Thompson did fake a college diploma, it wouldn't matter, since the computer science degree he claimed he got from his college wasn't offered until four years after he graduated. Please do us all a favor and get educated please before you speak...[/citation]
Dude, don't feed the trolls.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]slicedtoad[/nom]he didn't become CEO through a college degree in comp sci, so what the big deal? Most CEOs got there through scamming and cheating, when one get's caught with a fake degree who cares?[/citation]
Well if he gets caught with something so trivial, can they really trust him to keep his bigger lies secret? If your dumb enough to get caught, you deserve to be fired. Standard politics / business practice.

bentonsl_2010

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
This lady and gentleman was what is was all about in the first place.

"(Dan Loeb), Harry Wilson, and Michael Wolf will join the Board as part of the Third Point agreement."

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
in the CEO corporate world, it's not "what you know" it's "who you know" and this situation is a prime example of politics of power. Sadly enough, his lack of "Computer science" degree actually has little to nothing to do with his ability as CEO. He got appointed to CEO by having close connections and I guess some what corporate savvyness

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Cons29[/nom]arent some famous people in the industry (and others as well) college drop outs?[/citation]

My thoughts exactly. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Laurence Ellison, Mark Zuckerberg, Michael Dell and many more. For the full list check Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_dropout_billionaires

So, all that matters is his capability as a CEO and not if he has a degree in computer science. Given that, none of the people on the Wikipedia list lied on their resumes

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Cons29[/nom]arent some famous people in the industry (and others as well) college drop outs?[/citation]
And none of them have lied on their resume. Considering some of the comments here, I highly recommend to Tom's readers, if you have lied on your resume, clean it up. Thompson's resume did not get him the job, but it sure cost him his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.