Yamaha AVR switches input when Setup button is pressed

ChonchoBillington

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
I have my Sony TV connected to my Yamaha RX-V381 via HDMI with HDMI Control on. Whenever I’m watching something through the smart TV (ie. Netflix) and press the Setup button on the Yamaha remote, the inputs change to display the menu on the TV and subsequently stops whatever I was watching. Conversely, when I press the Option button on the Yamaha remote, the inputs don’t change and the menu just displays on the AVRs screen.

How do I make it so that I can keep HDMI Control on and not have the inputs change when I press Setup, or just have the AVR menus overlay on top of whatever I’m watching instead of changing inputs?

Reactions: cript0n
Solution
HDMI control (or CEC) often screws up. There is no way I know of to change that if it does. You can only turn it off or on.
I would suggest you get a Logitech Harmony remote. That would be programmed on their website and can simplify using equipment from different manufacturers with one remote.
HDMI control (or CEC) often screws up. There is no way I know of to change that if it does. You can only turn it off or on.
I would suggest you get a Logitech Harmony remote. That would be programmed on their website and can simplify using equipment from different manufacturers with one remote.

Reactions: cript0n
Solution