yamaha htr 5935

jmbbaker73

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Bought this setup used for my house as a college student. Was told it worked great, planned on using it strictly for music. When I got it home and hooked up an antenna, there was no volume until I nearly maxed out the volume control, and even then it was very faint. Anyone have any recommendations?

richardfr69

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
Funny this just happened to me today earlier this morning. My problem was I have only 1 antenna, and 2 receivers. I forgot to bring the antenna out of my bedroom into the living room. And I actually have this reversed, it was my Onkyo receiver that was behaving like yours, because my Yamaha HTR-5935 in my bedroom had the antenna connected. Had to turn it up all the way to MAX volume before I could hear anything, and I knew that wasn't correct, so if you have an antenna connected, check to be sure it isnt cut or broken, make sure you're getting a tight fit on the socket, and be sure it is raised as high as it can be

jmbbaker73

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

I have tried a few different things. Tried hooking an aux cord into other jacks and I get the same symptoms. The headphone jack is too big for regular headphones so I have no tried that.

richardfr69

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017

richardfr69

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
Funny this just happened to me today earlier this morning. My problem was I have only 1 antenna, and 2 receivers. I forgot to bring the antenna out of my bedroom into the living room. And I actually have this reversed, it was my Onkyo receiver that was behaving like yours, because my Yamaha HTR-5935 in my bedroom had the antenna connected. Had to turn it up all the way to MAX volume before I could hear anything, and I knew that wasn't correct, so if you have an antenna connected, check to be sure it isnt cut or broken, make sure you're getting a tight fit on the socket, and be sure it is raised as high as it can be

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 6
Vishesh09 Audio 0
E Audio 2
G Audio 4
N Audio 1
C Audio 1
E Audio 6
M Audio 6
T Audio 1
B Audio 2
D Audio 2