Yamaha RX-V683 AVR Presence Speaker Configuration

May 17, 2018
Guys, I have my new RX-V683 and planning to configure front and surround presence speakers simultaneously as per the user manual. Dose the config is correct? Because in the user manual itself it says the amp is a 7.2 AVR. But if I connect both front and presence speakers simultaneously
it will be like a 9.2 setup rit ?. Also I have 2 powered sub woofers. I don't have any previous experience in this field. So please help me regarding. If I configure the setup like this, does it deliver
sound in both presence speakers? (In user manual it says it will not, and I don't know why they are instructed to do the connections so?).

Solution
You can only use 2 presence or Atmos speakers. Manual shows them as fronts.
The receiver will either do 7.1 or 5.1.2. It will switch between them depending on the input signal and Cinema DSP settings. That's why there are terminals to leave both connected. This receiver doesn't have line level outputs for additional prescence speakers so you can't add amps to do it either.
You would need a receiver with 2 more amp channels to do 7.1.2.
To do front and rear presence speakers you would need a 7.1.4 receiver.
The two subwoofers are not in stereo so they are still ,1.
You can only use 2 presence or Atmos speakers. Manual shows them as fronts.
The receiver will either do 7.1 or 5.1.2. It will switch between them depending on the input signal and Cinema DSP settings. That's why there are terminals to leave both connected. This receiver doesn't have line level outputs for additional prescence speakers so you can't add amps to do it either.
You would need a receiver with 2 more amp channels to do 7.1.2.
To do front and rear presence speakers you would need a 7.1.4 receiver.
The two subwoofers are not in stereo so they are still ,1.

Solution