Yet unanswered-- how to make the SD card on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4,default to the SD Card.No answer works.

P2pdancer

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
I've seen this question asked all over in forums from 3 years back to this month but the threads saying they were solved have been INCORRECT. Every single one! How in the name of all the technology God's do we-

Make the SD card the default not the device storage?

There is so much Bloatware from Samsung that you are lucky if you can download one video to this device. We all ask because we can't use the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 until we can add storage. It will not let you add practically anything....rendering this tablet useless.

If anyone truly knows and can show that their technique in fact works and isn't just a Hail Mary, I will give u $3.50 from my PayPal but most importantly refer to you as God.

How can you make the SD card the default storage for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4???

Please, so many of us need you.

I wonder if your quest for knowledge fell over when there is so much confusion between the Galaxy 4 (a phone) and Galaxy Tab 4 which you have. Either way, it's just a htought.

For starters the SdCard has to start out with the correct format which, unusually for Android, is NTFS - the Windows file format.. That involves using a carrier to allow the micro card to fit a laptop running a Windows OS so you can format it there. Then and only then should it be introduced to the phone's system.

Do you mind if we start by confirming you've done that bit?

P2pdancer

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

Oh my goodness. Thanks for not totally slamming me when I made a fool of myself. Note to self....don't post at night when angry.

This is exactly what I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-7-Inch-Tablet-Black/dp/B01AZ8ERHI/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1476655897&sr=8-10&keywords=samsung+tablet+4

I hope we can do that. First time poster and totally bad impression made.

So it is a Samsung Galaxy 7 inch tablet
The SD card suggested by Amazon is the one I purchased: The Samsung EVO 32 GB

My apologies for not even asking the question correctly. I didn't know there was a Galaxy and a Galaxy Tab. This was my first tablet.

There's no apology due - modern technlogy infuriates humans and we see a lot worse approaches here. You gave a full description of your prroblem and that's rare around these parts.

That card is a good one for this job and if you buy a carrier, you can slip into the SdCard slot on a laptop. The carrier looks like a full size SdCard but has a slot for the micro card to sit in.

Windows won't see it as a drive unless it already has an NTFS format. It will show up as an unallocated disk in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management so right click it and select Format from that menu, choosing NTFS..

Hopefully, if my theory holds water, the Galaxy will recognise it but that in itself will present new questions but I'm not going on holiday until December 6th. :D