Yoga 900 parmrest wearing off

lp87

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
I got the Yoga 900 a year back. The palmrest is wearing off already. I dont sweat on the notebook nor its affected by direct sunlight. I guess the heat inside the notebook is creating this issue. Would like to understand why it happens and how could I prevent from more damage.

Solution
the palmrest is rubber coated if i am not mistaken?i had the same issue with my old alienware 14 with the same rubberize coating.all i did was bringing it to a car sticker shop and ask them to model a carbon fiber sticker that fits on my old alienware 14.i am not really sure what cause this but it might something to do with water coming in contact with the surface multiple time as i like to use wet tissue to clean smudges on it.
the palmrest is rubber coated if i am not mistaken?i had the same issue with my old alienware 14 with the same rubberize coating.all i did was bringing it to a car sticker shop and ask them to model a carbon fiber sticker that fits on my old alienware 14.i am not really sure what cause this but it might something to do with water coming in contact with the surface multiple time as i like to use wet tissue to clean smudges on it.

Solution