YouTube TV Review Roundup: Unrealized Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksmith21006

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016
You are completely missing why this is so incredible. You do not even touch on it.

This is cable TV on demand finally! You get unlimited tuners and unlimited storage. That means you set ESPN to record 24/7 then CNBC the same and so on.

It is 2017 and we FINALLY have TV on demand which is rather pathetic but this is a HUGE deal and wrote an article and do not even mention? Really?

UberStCrew

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
Yeah for me the unlimited DVR is the only selling point for Youtube TV at this time. That may not even be as good as advertised if it doesn't function like a real DVR with Pause/FF/RW functionality. The channel lineup IMO is the worst out of the current 4 big name OTT services. The lack of support for any native streaming platform including Google's own Android TV is puts it even further behind the other services. Sorry there are some people that don't like casting.

Youtube TV seems like a rushed to market service that just isn't complete at this time.

edihplus

Prominent
May 16, 2017
why on earth does dvr even still exist. utterly unnecessary. youtube tv is a ridiculous service providing outdated functionality. just cancelled it after the trial. bleh.

UberStCrew

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

DVR still exists because many people do not want to watch advertisements and a real DVR is still the best way to allow users to skip past advertisements. Of course Youtube TV supposedly kills this feature by forcing people to watch the On-Demand copy of shows, if available, which eliminates the ability to skip over advertisements. I guess people who don't see the need for DVR funtionality enjoy watching advertisements or are just nostalgic for the days before even VCRs existed. Also this has been stated many times, not everything is available On-Demand and there can be a significant delay before many programs become available On-Demand. I will repeat this again because many people just don't seem to get it, most On-Demand content contains advertisements that can't be skipped over.

Status
Not open for further replies.