YouTuber Offered $30M Contract with Sam Raimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I skipped through this because it looked odd a week or 2 ago...
On second thought, I am glad somebody with skills got this contract.
At first glance I was worried one of those YouTube idiots like sxephil or whatever was getting money for being a d-bag.. thank god

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I skipped through this because it looked odd a week or 2 ago...
On second thought, I am glad somebody with skills got this contract.
At first glance I was worried one of those YouTube idiots like sxephil or whatever was getting money for being a d-bag.. thank god

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
It's so refreshing to see an average individuals, who also happens to be talented, is getting such an opportunity! I wish him all the best and hopefully he'll go far.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
fantastic compositing! So much with CGI is getting the lighting right and this guy nailed it. Hope he does something really amazing. I mean there isn't much to this, but it has great direction and editing.

dl100

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Awesome!! Go Latin American sci-fi!!!
If he can do this with 300 bucks, I wish him well with $30M. I'd give his movie a watch, even with subtitles.

konjiki7

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
Movies with million dollar budget manage to a lot worse then what this guy has done. Not that his creation was bad to begin with....

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
That was jaw dropping for 300 bucks, I'm glad to share the same last name as this man :D, shows you what us Hispanics can do with almost nothing :p

plbyrd

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
This looks about 1000 times better than Cloverleaf which people seemed to love for some reason. Cloverleaf looked like it was filmed for $300 and this looked like it had Cloverleaf's budget. I want this dude making THIS MOVIE now. No need to create a new story, this one looks AWESOME. I want to see THIS MOVIE.

Oh, and a bit off topic, but isn't it refreshing to see aliens using real-world technology for weapons? There ain't nothing wrong with mass and explosions for killing people and blowing things up. Why does every sci-fi movie have to have the bad guys shooting green shit (just quoting Will Smith) at our pilots?

momomiester

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Really? You believe he did all that for the cost of an IPhone? Gullible people. If he did, he could of made Transformers for $7200..120min/5 *300.. My God he could make 10k movies for the cost of one Avatar. 300 bucks couldn't cover Megan Foxes wardrobe! But then maybe that is why he got the contract. If he could do things like that at a fractional of the cost of Hollywood, the guy would be golden! So no matter what it cost it still is great for an amatuer.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
$300, and what must have been ages in front of a computer making the CG visuals in his own free time. No way does the 300 include the effects budget unless he did all the CG himself or had free help. You have actors, cameras, etc. Someone had to be working for free at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.