Yowza: Verizon's Droid 4 is $250 with a Two-year Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
It's interesting how my family thought $25 was too pricey for a phone (LG Versa) four years ago, but have now invested in three Droid Bionics and an iPhone 4S this past year.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I will not pay more than $200 USD for a phone on contract unless it is the god phone or something. I have my limits. interesting how the screen is 4" when most new phones are about 4.5" now-a-days. I personally think that the 4.5" screens are a getting a little too big.

rh_dog

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I've been waiting for an original Droid replacement with LTE ever since Verizon turned on their LTE services in Dec 2010. So, I've been on the same Droid for almost 2.5 years. $250 every 2.5 years isn't so bad. For people that bought the Droid 3... oops!

I'm sure Verizon knows this since they must realize a lot of original Droid owners have been waiting for this device. It's just their way of taking an extra $50 from us... but we're suckers aren't we? Just like iPhone fans are all suckers for new iGadgets.

jdenova007

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
$200 is too much for a phone on a 2 year contract(especially for a contract that isn't unlimited by default), the price will drop too a BOGO @ $100 in like a month anyway... people always pay out the a$$ for the newest tech ASAP... so I won't be surprised if this sells well. But After my 2-year contract with my DroidX on Verizon is up, I may take my business somewhere else because I will be losing my unlimited data unless I pay with my First Born...

and too all you people who are going to say "most people don't use 2gb of data a month, so unlimited is useless to them"...... I say 'then why limit them...'

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
I just (yesterday) bought the Droid Bionic for $50 with a new 2 year contract & I'm very happy with that price. The Bionic doesn't sound like it's a slacker compared to the 4, biggest difference being the lack of the slide-out keyboard.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Star72[/nom]I just (yesterday) bought the Droid Bionic for $50 with a new 2 year contract & I'm very happy with that price. The Bionic doesn't sound like it's a slacker compared to the 4, biggest difference being the lack of the slide-out keyboard.[/citation]
Bionic is awesome, got mine less then a month ago and I love it, I upgraded from a Droid Incredible and while I still love my DINC the Bionic is so much better. Only problem I have with it is that the camera on the DINC is better. Bionic camera pics tend to be fuzzy if you zoom in while the DINCs pics stay crisper.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
No contracts for me... They are too expensive... My bro is on Metro and he got a very nice LG Esteem... He is quite happy with it... Over the course he would have had a compareable phone on a contract, he will be saving well over 300 dollars, including the cost of the phone...

I downgraded to an LG Optimus V, on the 35 bux a month plan... It does the job. Got the phone for 70 dollars. I will make my money back on what I saved from switching from Boost Mobile in 2 months... Only now I have limited minutes, where before I was on a completely unlimited plan...

G

AmazonWireless is offering it for $169.99 with a 2-year contract.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Personally, I'll be looking to pay full price for phones. I'm still riding on the grandfathered unlimited data plan. The MINIMUM data plan now is capped at 2GB/mo at the same price I pay. My wife and I use enough data to warrant the upgrade to 5GB/mo which is +$20/line/mo. That's $240/yr/phone for extra data charges. I'd rather pay that much extra every 2-3 years on a new phone than every 1 year on data charges.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]Personally, I'll be looking to pay full price for phones. I'm still riding on the grandfathered unlimited data plan. The MINIMUM data plan now is capped at 2GB/mo at the same price I pay. My wife and I use enough data to warrant the upgrade to 5GB/mo which is +$20/line/mo. That's $240/yr/phone for extra data charges. I'd rather pay that much extra every 2-3 years on a new phone than every 1 year on data charges.[/citation]

Data capping should be illegal.

vulnan

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
I recently upgraded to the Verizon Droid Razr, but purchased it through Amazon Wireless. This allowed me to retain my unlimited data plan instead of switching to the newly capped plans available. It was also cheaper at Amazon ($229) vs. Verizon ($299), so it was a win/win. If you're looking to upgrade and currently have an unlimited data plan, then I would suggest checking out Amazon as well. Still loving the Razr...

booyaah

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
My Bionic was selling at Verizon for $300, but I bought one new from Wirefly for $120. My company ponied up $100 of that so I only had to pay $20. Never ever buy a phone from the retail providers, they are a ripoff.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
cool, i'm happy with my ZTE warp from boostmobile. i paid 140$ and it's my phone, no contract and 50$ a month unlimited. i don't like contracts/late fees/hidden fees. no contract phones/service isnt perfect but it's better than being pwned by a 2 year contract.

zloginet

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
[citation][nom]vulnan[/nom]I recently upgraded to the Verizon Droid Razr, but purchased it through Amazon Wireless. This allowed me to retain my unlimited data plan instead of switching to the newly capped plans available. It was also cheaper at Amazon ($229) vs. Verizon ($299), so it was a win/win. If you're looking to upgrade and currently have an unlimited data plan, then I would suggest checking out Amazon as well. Still loving the Razr...[/citation]

Your wrong on your data plan... If you went to Verizon you would have been grandfathered in. I say that because I just did it for my wife for Christmas. I upgraded her 2 year old phone to a Razr and she still have the same exact unlimited plan and even got 1000 txts instead of 500 for the same $10 price.

zloginet

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]cool, i'm happy with my ZTE warp from boostmobile. i paid 140$ and it's my phone, no contract and 50$ a month unlimited. i don't like contracts/late fees/hidden fees. no contract phones/service isnt perfect but it's better than being pwned by a 2 year contract.[/citation]

^^^joke, he so wants a contract....

Status
Not open for further replies.