z906 surround system speaker wire help!!

covertcode

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Hey everyone I currently have a Logitech z906 surround sound system hooked up to my pc, the speakers are connected to the sub with the standard speaker wire, I was just wondering if there was any outer connectors I can use such as banana plugs or what not to connect the speakers since the standard wire is annoying. here is the sub and speakers I use -
iopanel.jpg
small_Z906_Satellites_Back.jpg
- I was hoping to use wire like this - http://www.qed.co.uk/speaker-cables/reference/qed-silver-anniversary-xt-cable.htm thanks all!!

Solution
looking at the recess around the speaker wire connection on the rear of the speakers there may be clearance issues with the solid core wire end (2nd amazon link). quite simply it may not fit depending on how large the plugs are in diameter. also keep in mind that the connector you listed is not grounded and if they touch they will ground out. apparently you can not bend them either or they break. the solid core design may also touch at the back panel of the subwoofer and ground out. hard to tell the exact spacing without having the plugs in person.

the flexible end connector (1st amazon link) would likely work (although it still might be tight) however you will most likely need to trim the end to get it to fit in the socket due to the...

covertcode

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

ah ok so no other connectors will work? I have just been looking online and someone said these might work - http://www.amazon.com/Monster-QuickLock-MKII-Connectors-Terminations/dp/B000WXBY7I/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376149783&sr=1-3&keywords=pin+connector - http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-109438-High-Quality-Copper-Speaker/dp/B0097JLRZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376149808&sr=1-1&keywords=pin+connector thanks for the help.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
never seen those before but they look like they would work on your connectors .
A bit of overkill and very expensive when you would need 20 of them.
Tinning the end of your wires with solder would work just the same as these.

waste of money. they accomplish the same as the bare ends on the speaker wire.

how is the speaker wire annoying? they are easier to deal with than bannana clips.

i have a home theater system and use bannana clips on the back of my receiver and to the ports on the wall (i run the cable under the floor to the other wall receptacles.) the back of the speakers are bare speaker wire since it works better and is easier to manage. they could take bannana clips (its a binding post slash bannana clip port) but bare wire is better for this.

why exactly do you want something other than bare wire?

covertcode

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

mainly for esthetic purposes but also just to tidy it up a bit - I can afford to buy the connectors no problem, I just want a clean nice looking setup and the connectors add a bit more of a professional look in my opinion.

looking at the recess around the speaker wire connection on the rear of the speakers there may be clearance issues with the solid core wire end (2nd amazon link). quite simply it may not fit depending on how large the plugs are in diameter. also keep in mind that the connector you listed is not grounded and if they touch they will ground out. apparently you can not bend them either or they break. the solid core design may also touch at the back panel of the subwoofer and ground out. hard to tell the exact spacing without having the plugs in person.

the flexible end connector (1st amazon link) would likely work (although it still might be tight) however you will most likely need to trim the end to get it to fit in the socket due to the glob of solder on the end. i would be worried how they would hold up over time if you connect and reconnect them which is the only time you would ever see the connectors. the connector would work in a similar way on the back of the subwoofer.

seems like alot of money to spend on something that offers no improvements that you wont even see but i listed my thoughts on what i thought would fit regardless. your choice of course.

Solution