08 Samsung plasma says no signal when hooked up with Ps4/Roku?

Nevyn7

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I bought a used Samsung plasma - 08 I believe because when I reset the channels and the date and time it was default at 08 - and it turns on and works great. Just one issue - it won't work with my Ps4 or my Roku 3rd generation. It detects the hdmi cable - otherwise it won't all me to change the source to HDMI one for example - but continuously says no signal. I have tried turning it off - unplugging and re-plugging my HDMI's and a few variations of that.
If it were just my Ps4 I would reboot it and see if changing it's settings ( 1080P ) would do any good - but it's my Roku as well. Did Samsung ever make a plasma that wasn't 1080P? I am supposed to take the T.V. back to the repair guy today - but would rather be able to fix it. It had a great picture when we were at his house using just the antenna. It was also quite reasonable. My family is being forced to move ( the owner is selling the house we live in ) so it's a bad time to spend a lot of money on a new t.v.
Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Solution
At one point in time there were no 1080p TVs at all so yours could certainly be 720p or even SD.
Google the model number and check the specs.
If you can connect the Roku or PS4 to another TV and turn the resolution down then try that.

Nevyn7

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

I checked out the resolution on the Samsung website and it looks like your guess might be right. It's maxxed out at 720p. The issue now would be what do I do about my Roku3 - I think a 1080p tv might be required to make that work. I don't know.

Nevyn7

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I wish there was a way to change the resolution on the Ps4 from my computer - I saw someone do it with their PsP via remote play. I have no idea if the Roku is even capable of changing it's resolution.