08 Samsung plasma says no signal when hooked up with Ps4/Roku?

Nevyn7

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I bought a used Samsung plasma - 08 I believe because when I reset the channels and the date and time it was default at 08 - and it turns on and works great. Just one issue - it won't work with my Ps4 or my Roku 3rd generation. It detects the hdmi cable - otherwise it won't all me to change the source to HDMI one for example - but continuously says no signal. I have tried turning it off - unplugging and re-plugging my HDMI's and a few variations of that.
If it were just my Ps4 I would reboot it and see if changing it's settings ( 1080P ) would do any good - but it's my Roku as well. Did Samsung ever make a plasma that wasn't 1080P? I am supposed to take the T.V. back to the repair guy today - but would rather be able to fix it. It had a great picture when we were at his house using just the antenna. It was also quite reasonable. My family is being forced to move ( the owner is selling the house we live in ) so it's a bad time to spend a lot of money on a new t.v.
Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Nevyn7

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017

I checked out the resolution on the Samsung website and it looks like your guess might be right. It's maxxed out at 720p. The issue now would be what do I do about my Roku3 - I think a 1080p tv might be required to make that work. I don't know.

Nevyn7

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
I wish there was a way to change the resolution on the Ps4 from my computer - I saw someone do it with their PsP via remote play. I have no idea if the Roku is even capable of changing it's resolution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 12
D Streaming Video & TVs 2