1 directtv receiver using HDMI, but want 2nd older tv hooked up, I understand I have to watch same channel?

Lisamomof3

Prominent
May 19, 2017
If I hook up the input from outside to the input on a splitter, then split to the input on the receiver from an output on the splitter to the input on the receiver, then output on the receiver to the 1st TV, then from another output on the splitter to the 2nd TV will that work? Using coaxil cable. I'd have to use cable from the input on the TV instead of HDMI also, correct? Can't use and HDMI right?

Solution
Number one, you will have to use a signal amplifier as the signal MAY not be strong enough with extra cabling, and number two, you are trying to split a digital signal (HDMI) into an analogue signal. This comes with all sorts of complications. Your audio may not work when coming from digital to analogue for a start, that's if you manage to get a picture!
As your post is a bit scrambled, its hard to follow exactly what you are doing here.
But if all equipment is being connected via analogue and Coax, then chances are it will work, but as you suspect, you WILL see the same channel, unless you use a second receiver box.

Do hope this helps!
Good luck!
K.
Number one, you will have to use a signal amplifier as the signal MAY not be strong enough with extra cabling, and number two, you are trying to split a digital signal (HDMI) into an analogue signal. This comes with all sorts of complications. Your audio may not work when coming from digital to analogue for a start, that's if you manage to get a picture!
As your post is a bit scrambled, its hard to follow exactly what you are doing here.
But if all equipment is being connected via analogue and Coax, then chances are it will work, but as you suspect, you WILL see the same channel, unless you use a second receiver box.

Do hope this helps!
Good luck!
K.

Solution