10 Classic PC Games Begging For A Remake

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Atari and the 2600 were both alive & well through the game crash of 1983. AirWorld wasn't released because the Trameils bought Atari in '84 and turned it into a computer company.

targetdrone

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Good luck with Tie Fighter and Wing Commander, the average gamer today wouldn't be able to figure out the nav points, let alone how to manage shields, weapons and targeting. And of course it would be an iPad/iOS app to begin with.[/citation]

So true and so sad. Today's gamer not only needs an "I Win button" but they need to automatically activate at the right time. If they remade Tie Fighter or X-wing vs Tie Fighter it would be dumbed down and there would be some stupid leveling system that gives players who have no life a hack level advantage over "casual" players who have real skills and talent.

G

Realms of the haunting, I'd pay for that over a good many of those mentioned here

G

Very surprised nobody has mentioned the excellent work done by Dani Bunten for EA on games like M.U.L.E. and 7 Cities of Gold..

These are two classics that really deserve resurrection.

Sadly, Dani is no longer with us.

kitekrazy1963

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]Signothorn[/nom]I'd add Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption.[/citation]

BTW, I think that game is constantly updated. It plays fine on W7.

kitekrazy1963

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]kitekrazy1963[/nom]BTW, I think that game is constantly updated. It plays fine on W7.[/citation]

My bad. It's Bloodline not Redemption that is still updated.

G

Killerclick,
I think you're wrong. The perception that that todays gamer is useless and only "casual" is faulty. Just look at the success of DayZ. That game is bloody tricky to get used to, and yet it has had an huge amount of success. The fact that developers aim for the lowest common denominator is killing the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.