Jun 8, 2014
Hi. I am currently playing on an Asus G750 laptop with a GTX770M graphics card. I play mostly BF4 and i can get 70-90 FPS, but i have a 60Hz monitor so i capped my FPS at 60. Everything runs fine but because i can get a higher frame rate i was wondering if i could maybe get a new monitor so i can get those better framerates. I would hope that i could replace the laptop monitor (17.3 inch) with a 120 Hz one. Anyone got an idea? Thanks

Solution
you could but the only issue is your laptop will then have to use the graphic card to power up the laptop monitor as well as the new monitor you wish to get. in saying this, performance may drop and it will be noticeable (mouse lag and frame rate loss). but, really, what's so bad about being capped at 60 FPS? that's great frame rate.

xbizzaroz

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
you could but the only issue is your laptop will then have to use the graphic card to power up the laptop monitor as well as the new monitor you wish to get. in saying this, performance may drop and it will be noticeable (mouse lag and frame rate loss). but, really, what's so bad about being capped at 60 FPS? that's great frame rate.

Solution
Jun 8, 2014

Jun 8, 2014
thanks for your reply. you're right, i dont think i will buy another monitor. i dont even always have 60 fps ( especially on the naval strike maps if u are familiar with bf4 ). and if i have 60 fps thats probably fine. btw im a noob on this forum lol ;)

Jun 8, 2014
i got another question. because i cap my framerate i only get 60fps. if i dont enable vsync i get this horrible screen tearing. do you know how i can get higher framerates (although i have 60hz monitor i would like a higher framerate for more fluent gameplay) without vsync ( cause it caps it ) , frame cap and vsync. thanks

xbizzaroz

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
never experienced that before so not really sure how to troubleshoot that. fortunately for you, you still get good frame rate with it enabled and it is better to have vsync enabled in my opinion

Jun 8, 2014

i prefer a frame cap over vsync cause vsync causes lower fps in game ;)