2-in-1 Tablet PC with a rear facing camera on the tablet?

bmac93

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Hello everyone,
Thanks in advance for your help. I am IT at a landscaping company and am having trouble finding a 2-in-1 PC/Tablet combo where the tablet has a rear facing camera. So i am looking for any type of tips or advice.

These laptops are going to be for salesman, who go out to a site, snap some pictures and have a PC ready to go for them to discuss with the manager. With that being said, the 2in1 needs to have enough storage space to hold all these pictures.... Anybody have ideas?

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

get them an ipad with a type cover. Better still get them with a wireless data plan. I have a 10" ipad with a fantastic bluetooth logitech hard shell typecover... it will do everything you just stated without an issue. Great battery life, great camera.

bmac93

Honorable
May 5, 2013
We are staying away from any and all apple products. We already have all Window's machines. Especially since we use Microsoft Office and Dynamics...
It also has to have Windows 8 Pro so we can join the tablet onto the domain we have here...

G

why do you need a rear camera though? I suggest Yoga pro, Surface and Venue

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

... you don't have a vpn?

cause we have a real estate client where i work who does exactly what you say you want to do. They have 3 dell venue tablets (windows 8) and 2 ipads. They're throwing out the venues and getting more ipads. I'm not following what you are doing that demands they be added to the domain.

Cause you can add an ipad to an office network just fine.

SIDENOTE: speaking strictly as someone who's worked with both the surface and venue. DO NOT GET a windows 8 tablet for what you're wanting to do... especially do not get the venue. The reason why most of our clients are throwing the venue out is because it's 100% trash. 3 venues, 2 replaced motherboards, 2 broken tablets, they're down to 1 venue that works at all after just 14 months of ownership. None of them have more then 5 hours of battery life (the ipads easily double that)

The surface is nice but expensive

bmac93

Honorable
May 5, 2013
We do not have a VPN unfortunately. The owners do not want to do that... for whatever reason?? And we need a rear facing camera on the tablet to avoid carrying around a camera and using a cell phone for a camera. Just have it all be in the tablet/PC... IT manager requests them to able to be on a Domain... not my calls just doing what i am told.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

I would heavily suggest to them to get a vpn setup... is this like a small home-office with no actual server, but a pc serving the role of a server?

get a small laptop then? they have them... trick is finding a laptop with a good camera. or you could get them some surface pro 3s... drop a grand on them... maybe they'll have good luck with them. Just stay away from the venue.

other options... the Nokia Lumia 2510, ASUS VivoTab (both are on windows 8.1 RT, but also have a limited version of office, though it's not real windows)