2 Second Boot Loop After BIOS Update

arun27mittal

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
Hello

I have flashed a new bios to my acer laptop and it is now stuck in a boot loop.
Initially I managed to get it to work but stupidly played about with a few of the bios settings (should never have done that :( ). I messed with the temperatures to try and cool the cpu as it runs very hot. Also changed the ram speed from 1066 to 1333 but later realised my ram is only 1066 MHz.

Now it boots for 2 seconds and powers off and automatically boots up for 2 seconds and powers off. I get no splash screen and screen remains black as it reboots;

I have tried to clear the CMOS by removing the battery and placing a piece of wire across the reset jumpers. No luck unfortunately.

I have also tried the fn and escape option as well with no luck. Had a look at the user guide for acer which talks about creating a crisis recovery but either it didn't or I did not manage to create it properly.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Laptop - Acer 4820T
Ram - 4GB (1066)
Processor - Intel Core i3 - 2130 MHz

arun27mittal

Estimable
Aug 27, 2015
I downloaded it from here

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/acer-aspire-timelinex-4820tg-5820tg-modded-bios-insyde.568951/

It was version 1.25

It worked fine until I changed the settings. So assuming not a flashing error. Not sure if a deleayed problem can occur.