3.5mm Mic Splitter is this a thing or nope?

FinalTricks

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2013
So I have a pair of Astro A40s and I want to be able to use the mic on both my PC and my PS4. I have no idea is this is possible or not but say I use a headphone Y splitter on my Astro's and connect the headphones into the MixAmp Pro then split the mic so that I can connect it into my pc and to my PS4 using a 3.5mm to usb adapter? So is this possible or is this just wishful thinking?

Ravense

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014

Are you talking about splitter like this: Link ?
From electronic point of view this isn't a very safe/best idea since port at one device can create a voltage that can possibly destroy port or even the other device, especially when both devices would be working at once. Personally i would just buy 2x mic jack male, 1 jack female and some kind of 2 line switch (for both signal and ground lines = 6 pin) Example. The switch would short circuit the mic with one of the devices but never the devices itself.
Thats the only way i could find it cheap and easy to do.

FinalTricks

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2013
That is actually a really sick idea to bad I can't make custom shit like that but I would totally buy one.
So the whole mic splitter doesn't exist? Also I thought the since the voltage would be so low that it wouldn't damage the devices the Mixamp is usb powered and I wanted to be able to plug that into a socket to get rid of the buzz/hum that creates when plugged into a device. and have the mic plugged into 2 devices using some sort of splitter. welp I guess I'll just get another mic for my PC/Console

TRENDING THREADS